Introduce myself

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
drone

Introduce myself

Post by drone »

Hello all, new member here. My handle is drone, but my name is Devon.

I have owned 2 different Celica models in the past. The first was a 1974 coupe, and I loved that car a lot. The second I had was a 1977 liftback. Sadly, my dumb youth saw me sell both cars, (regrets? for sure!), and now I want to get back into a Celica.

I found this awesome forum by chance and knew I had to sign up, because trying to find a Celica nowadays seems pretty tough.

I'm going to go more hardcore into looking to purchase next year, but this looks like a great place to meet other enthusiasts, and hopefully I can find a sweet Celica on here when I'm ready.

Anyway, I'm going to look around the forum. Pleased to meet ya!
faffi

Re: Introduce myself

Post by faffi »

welcome to the forum,

and yes we all make mistakes :doh:
hopefully you'll find a other celica fast

do you have any photo's off your former celica's?

:cheers:
drone

Post by drone »

Thanks for the welcome!

I wish I had pics, but it was about 20 years ago that I bought the 74, for...wait for it....500 bucks! It was white and very clean, no dents or dings, and a mostly decent interior with a 20R, if memory serves. I didn't know much of anything about cars at the time, but the car ran a bit rough, so I did get some valuable hands on experience working on it. It helped that my girlfriend at the time was a gearhead. In fact, she got me into Celica's in the first place and spotted the 74 on a car lot.
slowmo

Post by slowmo »

Where are you located? Welcome abroad the crazy train.
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
cyprusal

Post by cyprusal »

Hi from uk,
welcome and good luck .