Hello from Australia!!!

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
sastoy

Hello from Australia!!!

Post by sastoy »

Hi guys this site is awesome! My names paul (sastoy) from Melbourne Australia. I thought first gen celicas were big over here but it looks like we a a small fish swimming in a big pond. I have owned three celicas in the past and i am on to my fourth now.
72 Ta22 LT,red, hot 2t motor, custom interior.
74 Ta22 LT,white, stock 2tg motor,built it for my wife as a engagement present so we could cruise together.
74 Ta22 ST, white, stock 2tb motor lots of GT Bits,to much rust to save her parted her out.
76 Ta23 ST, gold,my new addition to the family, current ride in the process of getting her to the standards some of you guys are at.
Hope to send some photos if i can figure out how to do it. :mrgreen:
Santos

Re: Hello from Australia!!!

Post by Santos »

whats up paul , welcome to 1stgen, the more the merrier. this site is awesome , ive been helped by a lot of people on here. with answers and suggestions , thats what this site is for,santos
**********TO CHECK OUT THE SITE OR GET IN PERSONAL CONTACT**********
celica73916@yahoo.com ............... or ................ http://www.santostoyshop.com/
YellowHawtness

Post by YellowHawtness »

Welcome!
lazarus

Post by lazarus »

Hey Paul! Welcome. :wink:
Ta22 Celica
JDM Jza80 Supra
sastoy

Post by sastoy »

Hi guys sastoy from Aus again . Earlier post said my earlier post my current ride was a TA23 its a RA23 typo sorry. Having trouble linking photos of my ride to site from photo bucket can any body help.
Thanks Paul.
random28

Post by random28 »

welcome to the site, should be a quick guide in the FAQ about posting pics its easy all you do is copy the URL paste it where you want it highlingt it and click the Img button and your done.
itsa few ST's alive and w nice to know there are alive and well in AUS, have you considerd heading to toyfest? next year its held in Dubbo but there is usually a convoy of old school toyota guys going up every year
will

Post by will »

welcome paul.

What part of Melbs are you from? I lived there for a bit.. awesome city. I'll visit there again someday.
Last edited by will on July 22nd, 2008, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
72-RA21, 77-RA29, 83-RA65C, 88-AllTrac, 80-RN60-4x4, RA42-race car, 04 F150 STX tow rig.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither"..
"Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing it's Idiot"
sastoy

Post by sastoy »

Thanks guys, I will check out the quick guide and give it a go. I live in Heathmont near the Dandenong ranges. The Victoria Celica club were talking about heading up to Sydney for the Toyomods show up there but Dubbo could be a idea.
Paul.
random28

Post by random28 »

i think thats the one, i havn't been before but i thaught toyfest was in Dubbo, just looked and it does seem to be in Sydney :oops:
oh well might have to catch up at the Pub if you end up going, its always good talking to people that know how enjoyable celicas are
sastoy

Post by sastoy »

I was thinking of the show the Toy mods crew put on in Sydney must be confused anyway any excuse to drive the car. Might see you a the pub buy you a beer. here are some photos of my car.
http://s329.photobucket.com/albums/l394 ... 020412.jpg
http://s329.photobucket.com/albums/l394 ... 020415.jpg
random28

Post by random28 »

ill be heading down to the show the put on in Sydney if the RA28 is done by then, it should be but ive still got to put a cage in a mates subaru help build the engine and assemble the car by feb :shock: oh well ill do my best as im really itching to get down there.
JDM_GUY

Post by JDM_GUY »

looks good, that yellow kind is the best yellow i like.
JDM_GUY DRU Building to prove a purpose for those who ridiculed.