Liftback GT 76 Vancouver,Canada

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
75CelicaGT

Re: Liftback GT 76 Vancouver,Canada

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Welcome fellow Canadian,

The car looks great, wish I had your manifold - carbs - header on mine...

I think I saw you a week or two back going north bound on King George Highway near Highway 99...

Cheers and welcome again, :cheers:
Pete
neil reid

Post by neil reid »

I'm curious as to where the hose attached to the pcv is going. I haven't see this done anywhere else.

Thanks
Neil
If it ain't broke, BREAK IT
liftbackGT76

Post by liftbackGT76 »

i could be selling them (the wheels)in few months...
liftbackGT76

Post by liftbackGT76 »

Neil, the PCV hose isn't hookup to anything, its just exhausting down...i'm not quite savy in mechanic, for now the car will just be sitting in the garage until spring, and then my brother in law who's really experience mechanic will give me a hand going over it...is there anything wrong with the pcv exhausting that way?
liftbackGT76

Post by liftbackGT76 »

Thanks Pete, when you saw me, i was just back from pick up the car at the border, it was my first time driving it! I looked at your car pics, you did an amazing job, looks great, i think i recognize Alex Frazer bridge, are you in surrey? maybe we can get together sometime this summer when mine is back on the road.

Cheers

Fred :cheers:
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

liftbackGT76 wrote:Thanks Pete, when you saw me, i was just back from pick up the car at the border, it was my first time driving it! I looked at your car pics, you did an amazing job, looks great, i think i recognize Alex Frazer bridge, are you in surrey? maybe we can get together sometime this summer when mine is back on the road.

Cheers

Fred :cheers:
Thanks for the compliments Fred, yes I'm in Cloverdale actually. I'd love to get together, I hope to get the work done needed in Jan/Feb/Mar to get it back on the road.
:cheers:
Pete
neil reid

Post by neil reid »

liftbackGT76 wrote:Neil, the PCV hose isn't hookup to anything, its just exhausting down...i'm not quite savy in mechanic, for now the car will just be sitting in the garage until spring, and then my brother in law who's really experience mechanic will give me a hand going over it...is there anything wrong with the pcv exhausting that way?
Some people will use a small vent like the one you have at the front of the valve cover already, others (myself included) will tee into the brake booster line, this will stop oil puddling in the vents and dripping onto the cover...keeps it clean

Neil
If it ain't broke, BREAK IT
liftbackGT76

Post by liftbackGT76 »

neil reid wrote:
liftbackGT76 wrote:Neil, the PCV hose isn't hookup to anything, its just exhausting down...i'm not quite savy in mechanic, for now the car will just be sitting in the garage until spring, and then my brother in law who's really experience mechanic will give me a hand going over it...is there anything wrong with the pcv exhausting that way?
Some people will use a small vent like the one you have at the front of the valve cover already, others (myself included) will tee into the brake booster line, this will stop oil puddling in the vents and dripping onto the cover...keeps it clean

Neil

Get it thx!