New member - 1977 RA24 Coupe GT

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
wmwinn

New member - 1977 RA24 Coupe GT

Post by wmwinn »

Hi,

My name is Mark, and I live in Albuquerque, NM. I've owned a 1977 RA24 GT Coupe since it's purchase back in Jan of 1977. Keeping my high school car has been important to me (memories!), but really never had the time to do significant work on it until now. The car spent many years outside in the arid desert air (ZERO rust, but bad for rubber & plastics) of New Mexico, but continues to run okay.

The car has stayed STOCK this entire time, and I'm looking to replace any/all worn parts and possibly upgrade some engine components for a little more hp. I am not very knowledgeable about engines in general, but want to learn. :D I plan to replace the stock exhaust header for a Pacesetter header like this: http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/mmp/t ... parts.html this coming weekend to improve air flow.

My first question to the experts:
1) This baby was purchased in Houston, TX at sea level back in 1977. Now, that I live at a mile high altitude (ABQ, NM), the car sure runs RICH. I'm under the impression that this car would have had a "high altitude kit" - if it was purchased in those regions of the USA. What is that, and can I install one to help with proper air/fuel mixture?

thanks!
- Mark -
'77 RA24 GT Coupe
'88 Gas EZ-Go
'02 Sebring
'11 Odyssey
Tony.celi77

Re: New member - 1977 RA24 Coupe GT

Post by Tony.celi77 »

Welcome nice to see someone from New Mexico join here. I live in Las cruces
And I don't see many of these first gens around New Mexico. Please post pictures would love to see your Celica
1977 Celica ST RA24
1976 Celica GT RA29 half mine
1991 Toyota Pickup