New owner from Utah

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
sirswig

New owner from Utah

Post by sirswig »

I just bought this in Salt Lake from a guy who got it from New York who got it from Cali lol... It looks to be resprayed and there is some body work I didnt notice when I first went over the car, but overall I am happy with the purchase. 253k on the body 40k on rebuilt engine. The only issue I am having right now is that the Vacuum light keeps coming on the esp and the brakes have to be pressed with 1,000 pounds of force to stop the car. Other than that it handles as well as my new car since suspension was replaced. Name is Jared btw and I live in Logan utah. Hi to skeptic in Clearfield! I definitely will be making a trip sometime to look at your car if thats ok. Its soooo sexy. -Jared

YellowHawtness

Re: New owner from Utah

Post by YellowHawtness »

Welcome Jared!
TenBeers

Post by TenBeers »

Sweet liftback, Jared, welcome.

You probably already know this, but your brake booster should be checked, as it is obviously the problem. Check the vacuum line to it first, if that's fine then it may be time for a rebuilt booster. They are not the cheapest parts for these cars, get 'em while you can, though.
'18 Tacoma TRD Pro (my DD)
'17 4Runner Limited (wife's DD)
'06 4Runner SR5 (daughter #1 DD)
'15 Corolla S (daughter #2 maybe someday she will learn to drive)
'77 Celica GT Liftback (STILL under restruction)
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Looks good Jared, just get those brakes fixed so you can keep it lookin like that.

Pete
slowmo

Post by slowmo »

Gorgeous. It even looks like it is the original color, although it's likely a respray.

I have a white liftback also. My wife always thought mine looked like an after dinner mint.
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
sirswig

Post by sirswig »

Yeah its a respray. You can tell by the wires into the door are sprayed and under the hood is flat grey. The guy painted it when he pulled the engine. This is actually a good thing because now I can just paint the body any color. Grey goes with most colors as an underhood color. Also, if you look closeley in the grill picture you can see the radiator or a/c pipe is blue from overspray.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Welcome! Sure, come on down and check out my car anytime. We'll grab a bit to eat at Subway or something. Couldn't resist. :lol: I think there is another UT guy on here as well, in Roy or something.
1977 GT Liftback
3SGTE and stuff