Hello from Idaho!

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
parados

Hello from Idaho!

Post by parados »

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and new to Celicas (and auto restoration for that matter). I just picked up a 77 RA29 for $500 + an AR15 in trade. :mrgreen: It runs and drives fairly well. Just primer coated now and needs some interior work and has some minor rust but I think I got a good deal. My immediate plans include vacuuming it out (lots of dog hair) and getting it professionally painted. I also want to ditch the straight chrome bumpers and get a set of the fiberglass "smiley" bumpers (anyone know a good source?). After that I guess it will be small upgrades as money permits - maybe upgrading the engine or a swap of some sort eventually - it's all still pretty new to me. I really just wanted a cool car that was different and something I could work on. I've always liked these Celicas - probably because they look so much like Mustangs!

Anyway, here are some pics after I loaded it on the car trailer for home...

exodus

Re: Hello from Idaho!

Post by exodus »

HELLO HELLO!!

Welcome to the 1stgen forums!

looks like you have a pretty solid platform for a project and for $500 cant beat that!! :2thumbs:

Feel free to browse around, we have A LOT of information on here, use the search button!

keep us updated with your car! :cheers:
Foxy:My 1973 Celica-Powered By ITB'd F20c - SOLD 8/13 :(
BUILD THREAD: http://1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1221
Flyby Video's of Foxy: http://youtu.be/VSXNinaak8o
parados

Post by parados »

Thanks! Will do. There is a lot of great stuff on this forum I'm finding. :D
Kylehugo

Post by Kylehugo »

Nice! For 500 you have yourself a great deal. Are you planning in keeping the wheels?
IG @deathofkyle