A Brit in chile

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Speedjunkey33

A Brit in chile

Post by Speedjunkey33 »

Hello from South America,

Am a Brit living in Chile and since moving here have had my interest re-kindled in old school motors. Have to say there are interesting cars to be had out here, Lots of old American muscle cars and plenty of old Japanese models.

Most people down here go the muscle car route but having been brought up on small engine rally cars. I have to say the Celica fits the bill. Can't beat a high revving small capacity engine running on twin webers.

What do I drive well, the daily drive when at work is a 7000 tonne seismic research vessel, when at home a 2013, 3.2 L Ford ranger, quite handy as there are plenty of dirt roads around here. Weekend toy, a 500 bhp 1999 Subaru Impreza coupe track car.

As for the Celica, well I am looking to pick up a 1977, 1600 ST coupe, just searching for right car at the moment. I have many plans for the car but braking and handling will come first before starting on engine and box, no point in going faster if you can't stop or go around corners :lol: . My ultimate goal is to create a weekend cruzer / occasional day on the track car.

Looking forward to chatting and getting some helpful hints from you guys :) :) :)

Last edited by Speedjunkey33 on November 30th, 2013, 8:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Speedjunkey33

Re: A Brit in chile

Post by Speedjunkey33 »

Well after a long search eventually got a reasonable 2 door coup 1977 in black, it's a bit rough around the edges but runs and drives well, minimal rust and original unmolested interior from what I can see. Picked it up today and left with a big grin on my face. :D

Will post some pics when I get a chance, away for the weekend
jesa02

Post by jesa02 »

Congratulations! We look forward to the pictures.
jesa02

Post by jesa02 »

:2thumbs:
Speedjunkey33

Post by Speedjunkey33 »

Not so straight forward posting pics but think I got the hang of it now confused confused :banghead2: