hello from wisconsin

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
nick z

hello from wisconsin

Post by nick z »

Picked up a 76 ra29 from a friend who scraps cars and he didnt have the heart to junk it. Rebuilt carb and replaced all brake components and clutch master/slave. Picked up a set of 15x7 elipson mesh wheels now driving it daily.
How it was found
How it looks today. I have a 1jz/r154 combo waiting on chassis to install in and it was meant for my sil80. but might be a better choice for this. Heres vid of my sil80 outside my work this past fall, video taken by coworker.

youtu.be/xfCROElkWNg
RCurioso88

Re: hello from wisconsin

Post by RCurioso88 »

Welcome to the site and i do have to say, you've got an excellent choice in cars. I miss my 240
RA24 1977 Toyota Celica GT coupe - Weekend car/Car show queen
FZJ80 1997 Toyota Landcruiser - Go Anywhere/Roadtrip everywhere vehicle
GDA 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX - Daily Driver/Fun car
nick z

Post by nick z »

RCurioso88 wrote:Welcome to the site and i do have to say, you've got an excellent choice in cars. I miss my 240
I had a bunch of s13 chassis, This one had rb25 and i sold to pick up sil80 Image Image This black silvia front swapped was parted out to put my blue hatch together. Image
Heres a vid of blue rb car when just completed and took for ride in parking lot behind my work, theres a couple more good videos of my v8 swapped z31 and my AE z31 and racing a turbo z31 in my rb car. All filmed in mexico :D
youtu.be/4lqcH694HlE I got to figure out how to downsize pics, sorry for large content.
dsc201knoc

Post by dsc201knoc »

Cool Car man... :2thumbs: Im still looking for mine.. :frown:
2013 Abarth 500 - 2005 Chevy Colorado - 1979 Fiat Bertone x1/9 (For Sale)

Looking for a Gen 1 Celica Coupe or Lift.
dsc201knoc

Post by dsc201knoc »

Are those 4 piston FC calipers on the front of that 240 or is that oem??? I did a fc 4 piston conversion on my e30 and it caught the corner of my eye as i was scrolling..

nick z

Post by nick z »

They are actually from 90-96 300zx z32 chassis, the NA 26mm not the TT 30mm.
dsc201knoc

Post by dsc201knoc »

nick z wrote:They are actually from 90-96 300zx z32 chassis, the NA 26mm not the TT 30mm.
After I posted, i looked around and learned about the z32 conversion.

I saw a lot of questions about the fc conversion, most people said it makes more sense for the z32 conversion.

The na over the tt is probably why i was confused. I kept looking at your brakes and the TT brakes and was like.. Those arent the same WTF...

The fc brakes on my e30 were real awesome... Going to a larger rotor and 4 piston was SWEEEET!!! Plus i had a cool powder coating friend so when i grinded off the mazda and got them powder coated and rebuilt them, they just looked like a custom BBK.. I just sold the car so i never put the BMW Performance on them like the factory BMW Performance brakes from the newer model.

Both cars are cool, im still searching for a gen 1 celica.. I am a coupe guy over a lift, but man.. the lifts lines and rear quarter windows really look awesome.

Cant wait to see how your car progresses

dsc201knoc

Post by dsc201knoc »

Also love the purp meshies... :mrgreen:

nick z

Post by nick z »

dsc201knoc wrote:Also love the purp meshies... :mrgreen:
They are actually pink, i got them off a local girl who has a single turbo 2jz s13 coupe, puts down close to 500whp. They are two piece wheels and i plan on painting them a dark bronze or white but keeping barrels polished. I'm a fan of coupes also but there a lot harder to find then hatches. I forgot a friend to a video of my coupe a long time ago, stock ka with a bunch of suspension.

youtu.be/rMXHDqksBzg
dsc201knoc

Post by dsc201knoc »

nick z wrote:
dsc201knoc wrote:Also love the purp meshies... :mrgreen:
They are actually pink, i got them off a local girl who has a single turbo 2jz s13 coupe, puts down close to 500whp. They are two piece wheels and i plan on painting them a dark bronze or white but keeping barrels polished. I'm a fan of coupes also but there a lot harder to find then hatches. I forgot a friend to a video of my coupe a long time ago, stock ka with a bunch of suspension.

youtu.be/rMXHDqksBzg
Purp pink... let it roll... Two or three pc wheels are awesome. It is great you can take them apart get the lips polished, and the centers powdercoated with no worries... can change hardware...

there is this guy FLOSS in cali that polishes lips to this mirror chrome finish... super cool stuff.

I cant wait to see how it goes...