New(ish) in Eastern Washington

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
synchrite

New(ish) in Eastern Washington

Post by synchrite »

Picked up an RA29 over the summer, which has become my daily driver while my ST185 is out of commission. I have the worst judgment in daily drivers! :D

Had full receipts for a rebuilt engine + tires with only a handful of miles on both, but it was missing a headliner and most everything else wasn't put together inside. I'm new to car work, but it's been a blast. Rear axle bearings, clutch slave cylinder, plugs, wires, coil, dist cap, window regulators, windshield/hatch rubber + louvers, mirrors, headlights... carpet.. headliner.. and it's been good to go. Doors sag, paint's coming off, and the louvers might be causing a leak... But yeah, it's always something!

They don't salt the roads here, but I'm still crazy to drive it in the snow.
Last edited by synchrite on December 20th, 2013, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jesa02

Re: New(ish) in Eastern Washington

Post by jesa02 »

Welcome, and nice liftback! Remember to put your location in your profile so others in your area can help out! :D
smiley

Post by smiley »

Hello, awesome! Mine wa a trooper in the snow, with some studs.nice car...mike
ChristobalRocks

Post by ChristobalRocks »

Welcome! :-)

My old 75 ST was a blast to drive in the snow with stock rims. I drove it year round in MN for years, and you know what winters are like there... but there aren't any mountains in MN, so I'm sure Washington is more of a challenge.

Having said that, I'm never gonna drive my restored 74 ST in the snow. Put too much time and money into it to risk it!!

Cheers!
7t5-27

Post by 7t5-27 »

never drove anything smaller than a 21/2 ton truck in the snow but in the rain my 74coupe was tail happy a little throttle and I could swing the tail out in almost any situation I would hate to think about driving in the snow. fortunately it doesn't snow in Florida, folks here have a hard enough time driving in the rain if it snowed or froze I wouldn't come off my property. Good luck with all that winter stuff
Stay Safe
Greg
It's a TA27 not a TE27