Newb from Seattle area! Update!!! Couple pics added

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Slamburglar

Newb from Seattle area! Update!!! Couple pics added

Post by Slamburglar »

Hey all!

New guy to celicas and the forum from Tacoma wa.

Names Brian
1976 celica gt 20r
Cocaine white!
Sitting next to my buddies ae86 trueno gts

New to the forum as well as celicas in general! I've finally landed one of my dreams!! To get here was quite a road.

I've always wanted a first gen soooo bad! I started out in the rwd world with my 87 Volvo wagon 5 SPd. Which long story short was totaled by a jackass at the nw you run. By him pulling out in front of me while I was headed up to the freeway.

After lots of searching and not being able to find the right car for a decent price my brother in law sent me a Craig's list ad for a 78 corolla te31 2tc. I snatched it up in a hurry to make my way to a celica eventually. After a bit I was able to trade my corolla for a 85 fb rx7 gsl-se.... Had the rx7 for a while and decided to get rid of it and a guy hit me up who had this first gen. And wanted to trade. The celica I a little rough but nothing too bad. So I made the swap and landed myself my celica.

That was the short way of telling it.

But very glad to be here can't wait to learn all the inner workings of this car and do it up proper! (Previous owner had done some kinda ugly interior mods)

Thanks for reading
Brian
Last edited by Slamburglar on January 9th, 2014, 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skeet skeet
n8folsom

Re: Newb from Seattle area!

Post by n8folsom »

Welcome to the forum!
Good to hear about another celi in the Seattle area, I think I've seen about 2 driving around in the past year. I'm going to school in bellingham right now but maybe we can get a seattle celica meet going at some point when the weather gets better to compare rides.
Anyways good luck with your car
Nate
Slamburglar

Post by Slamburglar »

Well actually I'm in Tacoma. I post Seattle as a generalization. But it's my daily. Not the prettiest thing on the road. But looks decent. Main thing just needs new paint. Hood roof and trunk paint is bad.

But I'd love to get a celica meet up and going would be awesome!

Thanks man

Brian
Skeet skeet
smiley

Post by smiley »

Hello, yes, we should have a northwest meet, and anybody that wants to have a road trip is welcome. Dude in Preston did it last year, I think we may be a larger group than the Cali boys, once we come out of the shade...mike
Slamburglar

Post by Slamburglar »

Awesome! Cant wait! and due to shatttt tastic weather and my work schedule still have not gotten any really good pics of my car. I hate its DONKED looke lol. Needs to get low asap!
Skeet skeet
n8folsom

Post by n8folsom »

No worries about the looks, mine is a daily running stock ride height as well biggrin . Just as long as it's a first gen there's no judgment as far as I'm concerned
Slamburglar

Post by Slamburglar »

n8folsom wrote:No worries about the looks, mine is a daily running stock ride height as well biggrin . Just as long as it's a first gen there's no judgment as far as I'm concerned
Image finally got a pic of it cell phone pic but itl do til I get a chance to take real pics!

My old corolla never got looks or even a thumb up until it was dropped and shiny bits added!

Lol I've noticed the love this thing gets thumbs up from almost evey car enthusiast and even some from people who think it's some odd American muscle car haha!

Love this car just can't wait to drop it!
Skeet skeet
75CelicaGT

Re: Newb from Seattle area! Update!!! Couple pics added

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Grats on the new ride and welcome to the club
Slamburglar

Post by Slamburglar »

75CelicaGT wrote:Grats on the new ride and welcome to the club
Thanks man!. Cant wait to meet a bunch of people from here at upcoming summer and spring shows and meets!
Skeet skeet
ryojikaji

Post by ryojikaji »

I'm down for a NW meet!!!!! I'll be drifting at PARC on 03/15 and another 1st gen is coming to drift with me!!!!!! If you guys want to come out maybe we can all get on track for some pics after the event :D
Hmph

Post by Hmph »

A tad late but but better than never…Posted in your build thread too.

Welcome to the site.

Cool Celica…and super cool Corolla. I remember seeing you at a few local meets I believe?…

Hope to see you around.
If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious $#!+.
Slamburglar

Post by Slamburglar »

Hmph wrote:A tad late but but better than never…Posted in your build thread too.

Welcome to the site.

Cool Celica…and super cool Corolla. I remember seeing you at a few local meets I believe?…

Hope to see you around.
All good man!! Yeah I miss the corolla. But ited to my celica so I'm happy :). Can't wait for new wheels. Not a huge fan of dark wheels. Yeah probably I went to south sound summer jam in Rochester...old school reunion up in bothell and just random other meets! Hope to see you around!
Skeet skeet