1974 celica

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
jgarey

1974 celica

Post by jgarey »

Good afternoon all, finally with the help of Mr. Santos I can log on. Thanks Mike. Well a quick history of my Celica, I bought it new in 1974 it is a St model, it was originally Red, After about 10 years I built a 18RG motor what a nice change from the smogged up 18-rc. I sold it to a friend and he drove it for a few years, and parked in indoors for 23 years, he had it painted pearl white, graphics and a front and back spoiler, TRD racing suspension ( very low and stiff) I got it running and I am it the process Of doing a 5 sp and the GT lower rear end. Can anyone help me with Trans numbers and do I need to change drive lines? Oh I have been a BMW mechanic for 38 years and restore old cars the 1955-1957 T-Birds are favorite. Nice to meet you all.... Jim
jwalkington

Re: 1974 celica

Post by jwalkington »

Welcome! Nice history on the car. Sounds like you have a fun project I have a1977 gt I'm restoring just started actually. But nice to meet you.

Josh
My Inspiration
andrewzuku

Post by andrewzuku »

Do you have any photos of your car?

It would be cool to find a photo of you with the car back in the 70s, then recreate that photo when the car has been restored!
73GTV

Post by 73GTV »

jgarey wrote:Can anyone help me with Trans numbers and do I need to change drive lines?
I believe you are looking for the W-50 series Toyota 5 speed which is a direct bolt-in replacement, but there are others that will work also. Check out this site for specification, manuals and models differences.
http://members.iinet.com.au/~stepho/manuals/Toyota/
I'm an Opinionated Old fart: I insist that you read the Troubleshooting charts first: I'm Just saying...
1973 TA22 GTV (RHD)
1973 RA21 ST (LHD)
1977 TE56 GLS (RHD)
1974 RN22 Hilux (LHD)(Pickup)