1974 Celica - Cleveland, OH

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
KStop8

1974 Celica - Cleveland, OH

Post by KStop8 »

Hello everyone,

I bought my celica in the summer to start my first hotrod, because I needed another hobby like a hole in the head. It was outfitted for the strip with some well done and not so well done modifications. I hope to turn it into a streetrod. Since many modifications have been done, I am unsure what is original any more. This is where this community will provide a lot of help. For example, I am pretty positive that the Ford 2.3L turbo, transmission, Ford 9 (I think), 4 link suspension, and mini-tub job are not original.

I want to thank Mike and Leslie for helping me get subscribed to the board. I am looking forward to using all the knowledge and opportunities that this community offers.

What I know about this car:
Fuel cell and Battery in trunk
Electric is crap
Front suspension was original with strip wheels
Roll Cage not installed to strip standards.
They chopped the hell out of the front end to fit Radiator
Etc, etc, etc.

Hmph

Re: 1974 Celica - Cleveland, OH

Post by Hmph »

What?!?

I cannot believe that no ones's replied yet! your car is ridiculous!

Firstly, Welcome to 1.G.C

Secondly,
yes, all of the Ford stuff and mini-tub are NOT OG! :mrgreen: lol…

But seriously, post more pics…start a build thread?
We'd love to see the work done and here the story on your acquiring of this beast ugeek
If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious $#!+.
73GTV

Re: 1974 Celica - Cleveland, OH

Post by 73GTV »

Welcome to the site, please include your location under your screen name, it will help you a lot for any local assistance that may arise. Again, Welcome!
I'm an Opinionated Old fart: I insist that you read the Troubleshooting charts first: I'm Just saying...
1973 TA22 GTV (RHD)
1973 RA21 ST (LHD)
1977 TE56 GLS (RHD)
1974 RN22 Hilux (LHD)(Pickup)