Markus AKA digger

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
digger
Location: Santa Cruz, CA, USA, North American Continent, Planet Earth

Markus AKA digger

Post by digger »

Hiya y'all

I picked up a 77 Celica liftback RA29 20R A/T 2 weeks ago. I paid more to tow it home than I did for the car. It wasn't running. I reverse engineered someone's filet o' dash wiring job that was shorting the fusebox and making the door buzzer go off all the time; replaced the plugs, and a new battery.... I got it running (still a little rich, but running smooth).

I'm hoping to make it a daily driver. It needs lots of work and I'm getting to it. I'll probably want to mod it eventually after I get it running reliably and smogged.

I'm here to read, search, ask questions, celebrate and maybe even answer a questions too.

Some of the things I'm gonna ask y'all about:
- Swapping out the rusted, dead (it doesn't reverse anymore) A40 A/T for a W58 5spd.
- Carb tweaking - there's like 3 or 4 different jets and 4 (at last count) different mixture screws. What do each of them do?
- Suspension mods for better/stiffer cornering - right now it steers and corners really loose. Maybe blown shocks? dunno. Investigation to come. I'd like to lower it an 1-1.5"
- Better calipers and lines for the front disk brakes
- Ripping out the interior (mold) and putting in new carpeting/seats

I recognize some of y'all from google cached, classic-celica.com posts and some others from the CCyahoo group. I'll be spelunking through the forums. See you there.

digger
on comm in Santa Cruz
"It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes." - Repo Man
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

WELCOME! feel free to ask anything and everything you like; someone here will know the answer! we always do!

Ryan