First time Ra22 owner Nj

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
NJsEnvy

First time Ra22 owner Nj

Post by NJsEnvy »

New to the forum here and 1st gen celicas . I recently picked up a 75 coupe from a member on here. I live in the Monmouth-ocean county area. She's a little rusty but getting a full restoration this winter

She's getting a midnight purple paint job after some Intense metal work
73GTV

Re: First time Ra22 owner Nj

Post by 73GTV »

Welcome to this site and nice looking Celica. Don't forget to post your location under your screen name. Again, welcome to the site.
I'm an Opinionated Old fart: I insist that you read the Troubleshooting charts first: I'm Just saying...
1973 TA22 GTV (RHD)
1973 RA21 ST (LHD)
1977 TE56 GLS (RHD)
1974 RN22 Hilux (LHD)(Pickup)
Hmph

Post by Hmph »

welcome,

Looks like a solid start. Good to hear the rust's getting taken care of…Are you doing the work yourself?
If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious $#!+.
NJsEnvy

Post by NJsEnvy »

Yes but I will have help from a veteran body guy who will probably take care of most of the rust removal and replacement .. but due to some finiancial burdens I'll be just grinding it out and filling it for now and probably plastidip for a yr until some of my bills are settled. I want to do it right and not cut any corners and I know I can't afford that this year