Greetings from Ontario, Canada :)

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
cbrkp

Greetings from Ontario, Canada :)

Post by cbrkp »

Hey all,

Glad to of joined the site! Took some figuring out to get registered but all is well :D

Looking to aquiring my last project car (hopefully a liftback). Feels like I've had my fair share of projects (race bikes, race cars, show cars, etc.) in the last 16 years and it is time to buckle down with one I can grow old with... like a marriage :lol:

Totally new to liftbacks and 1stgencelicas so I'm not sure what to look for (expectations of price depending on condition, problem areas, etc). It's also difficult to find clean examples given the age of the car and where I'm located but I'm doing my best to locate a clean car. Any tips or leads on canidates please feel free to let me know.

Looking forward to whats ahead. :D

Cheers,
Ben
73GTV

Re: Greetings from Ontario, Canada :)

Post by 73GTV »

cbrkp wrote:Hey all,

Glad to of joined the site! Took some figuring out to get registered but all is well :D

Looking to aquiring my last project car (hopefully a liftback). Feels like I've had my fair share of projects (race bikes, race cars, show cars, etc.) in the last 16 years and it is time to buckle down with one I can grow old with... like a marriage :lol:

Totally new to liftbacks and 1stgencelicas so I'm not sure what to look for (expectations of price depending on condition, problem areas, etc). It's also difficult to find clean examples given the age of the car and where I'm located but I'm doing my best to locate a clean car. Any tips or leads on canidates please feel free to let me know.

Cheers,
Ben
Welcome to the site, please include your location under your screen name. It wil help with someone who may be local within you area to assist you if the need arises. Again welcome to the site. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I'm an Opinionated Old fart: I insist that you read the Troubleshooting charts first: I'm Just saying...
1973 TA22 GTV (RHD)
1973 RA21 ST (LHD)
1977 TE56 GLS (RHD)
1974 RN22 Hilux (LHD)(Pickup)
cbrkp

Post by cbrkp »

73GTV wrote:
cbrkp wrote:Hey all,

Cheers,
Ben
Welcome to the site, please include your location under your screen name. It wil help with someone who may be local within you area to assist you if the need arises. Again welcome to the site. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Done and thanks matey :cheers:
neil reid

Post by neil reid »

Welcome Ben, I'm in Orillia. There is a lb on craigslist right now. Price is a bit lofty for what I'm seeing on the pics but it would take a visit to verify.

:cheers:
Neil
If it ain't broke, BREAK IT
neil reid

Post by neil reid »

neil reid wrote:Welcome Ben, I'm in Orillia. There is a lb on craigslist right now. Price is a bit lofty for what I'm seeing on the pics but it would take a visit to verify.

Neil

oops I mean KIJIJI
cbrkp

Post by cbrkp »

neil reid wrote:
neil reid wrote:Welcome Ben, I'm in Orillia. There is a lb on craigslist right now. Price is a bit lofty for what I'm seeing on the pics but it would take a visit to verify.

Neil

oops I mean KIJIJI
Thanks for the warm welcome and leads...I'm sure we'll meet up one day Neil. :)

My friend has taken a look at the one on kijiji, however i have not and only have images of what hes provided me with. It has been resprayed but I would use it only as a shell. Hes currently down to 6200 but not sure if I can justify that much for what hes asking.
neil reid

Post by neil reid »

Just my opinion but it looks like a $3k tops car from the limited pics...good luck finding one I'll let you know if come across anything :cheers:

Neil
cbrkp

Post by cbrkp »

neil reid wrote:Just my opinion but it looks like a $3k tops car from the limited pics...good luck finding one I'll let you know if come across anything :cheers:

Neil
I was thinking 3-4k as well. Underbody isnt immaculate from the pictures i have. Thanks Neil much appreciated! :cheers: