Hello and thanks for having me.

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
ra2jzgtevil

Hello and thanks for having me.

Post by ra2jzgtevil »

Well Hello all, My name is Matt and I am looking forward to being a member and contributor to this board.

First things first, I would like to thank Santos for making me a member. I searched all over the web for celica forums and patiently waited to become a member on this one in hopes of documenting and sharing my up coming monster build, So once again thank you for having me.

Now a little info on me and my story.
I have been a mechanic for 16 years now, I am forth generation from a family who is about doing things right the first time. I have built many cars from chevy, nissan, and toyota. With toyota being my main squeeze. I have owned three sw20 chassis MR-2 and built two of them. My current one had over 10k invested and was a beautiful work of art, until a woman with no driver license or insurance decided to jet across a highway illegally and hit my car completely destroying the passenger side.

So with little arguing(Which was a surprise) My insurance gave me back a pretty penny of what the car was worth and let me keep it. So after parting it out and making back a good large sum, I decided that after putting so much time and work into a MR-2 for the second time, It was time to move on to something new.

Now Im not a fan of the mainstream bull that you see everyday, I dislike hondas and 240sx, your hellaflush pointless garbage, But I will never put down a good unique, quality build. I like trying new things, being a person who sets himself apart from to everyday mundane.

So with much research and looking I decided to get a 70's model celica. You rarely see them, let alone running on the road and never modified. Which is why you guys get my respect, the stuff some of you guys do is quite impressive and different.

So with a little searching and common sense, I went to a local toyota only salvage yard and picked me up this beauty.

It is a 1974 RA21, ST trim. Factory 18RC with manual trans. Super minimal problematic type rust, All original one owner. Now if you pay attention to my screen name then Obviously you know what is going in the car. I have sitting in my garage a 98 2jzgtte VVTI motor, R154 trans and tons of other goodies. This will be my baby and my car building rebirth, Thus why the car will be named "RAGNAROK"

So, I will be starting a build thread shortly and it will all be video and picture documented. Now I know there are a few 2jz swapped RA and TA on here, But you guys might want to watch as Im going about things a little differently :D

So once again thanks for having me and I hope you guys enjoy my company and work. :cheers:
rachuck21

Re: Hello and thanks for having me.

Post by rachuck21 »

Welcome to 1stgencelica! I'll be looking at your progress. The car looks like a really nice one to start with. Chuck
"If you're going through hell, keep going." Winston Churchill
https://imgur.com/m2giFIx
ra2jzgtevil

Post by ra2jzgtevil »

Thank you very much chuck.
jwalkington

Post by jwalkington »

Welcome to the forum lots of good information here even in old threads. I see your from NC I lived in Fayetteville NC for several years before moving back home. Looking forward to seeing you build thread.

Josh
My Inspiration
ra2jzgtevil

Post by ra2jzgtevil »

Thank you. Yes im in NC but im from New Orleans.
ra2jzgtevil

Post by ra2jzgtevil »

just an update. I have the car tore down, and have accumulated almost all the parts I need. my build thread will be starting within the next 2 months or sooner. to those who are interested thanks for showing support.
neil reid

Post by neil reid »

Welcome aboard Matt! Shame about the Mister 2 but this new project will be keeping you busy for a bit.

We'll be watching :2thumbs:

Neil
If it ain't broke, BREAK IT
exodus

Post by exodus »

welcome to 1stgencelica forums!!

your mr2 broke my heart!! my first love was mr2's as well! i had 2 turbo mr2's before my celica's!!!

i cant wait to see what you're gonna do with celica!!! good luck brother!!!

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Foxy:My 1973 Celica-Powered By ITB'd F20c - SOLD 8/13 :(
BUILD THREAD: http://1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1221
Flyby Video's of Foxy: http://youtu.be/VSXNinaak8o
ra2jzgtevil

Post by ra2jzgtevil »

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support.