New Member from Western NY

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
CelicaDriven

New Member from Western NY

Post by CelicaDriven »

Hello Everyone!!! I am very excited to be a new member of this community. I have been a Toyota fan since I first saw the gen 1 Celica's hit the market. I have an original unrestored '74 Celica GT, 47,000 miles, that is next on my project list and hope to post soon. There is also an 18RG, 88230, in the garage patiently waiting to take the place of the RC. The '74 has been in storage for years and I finally pulled it out for a family photo with its younger siblings. Enjoy and Thanks Again!!!
Hope to have a project post started soon .. look for car details there .. Toyota Rocks !!!

'87 Supra w/all the options, excellent condition grey leather (97K miles), '86 Celica GTS mint (67k miles), '74 Celica

Last edited by CelicaDriven on February 3rd, 2015, 5:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.
rachuck21

Re: New Member from Western NY

Post by rachuck21 »

"If you're going through hell, keep going." Winston Churchill
https://imgur.com/m2giFIx
73GTV

Post by 73GTV »

Welcome,

there are a few Celica a short distance from your location, but you may be better off getting with the Canadians across the falls, Good group of guys with a lot of knowledge and connections for body panels if required. Your Photo-bucket link does not work. I left that area in 2008 (Buffalo/Tonawanda). Make sure you look at the F.A.Q section, it will explain how to post pictures and has links for a ton of great information. Again Welcome... :cheers:
I'm an Opinionated Old fart: I insist that you read the Troubleshooting charts first: I'm Just saying...
1973 TA22 GTV (RHD)
1973 RA21 ST (LHD)
1977 TE56 GLS (RHD)
1974 RN22 Hilux (LHD)(Pickup)
CelicaDriven

Post by CelicaDriven »

Thanks for the kind welcome. Like you mentioned .. there are some great connections in Canada. I recently reached out to Whitehead Performance outside of Toronto who has experience with 18RG's .. a nice operation. Hope to get my engine up to them in the spring.
rachuck21

Post by rachuck21 »

Looks like a perfect 74 GT! Original paint? I like the interior color. Chuck
"If you're going through hell, keep going." Winston Churchill
https://imgur.com/m2giFIx
CelicaDriven

Post by CelicaDriven »

Hey Chuck, the exterior paint is still original. I like the brown as well .. It is a metallic base, but it is really starting to fade. The door jams still really show the original color well. When I purchased the car, I was amazed at how mint the interior was (very lucky).
73GTV

Post by 73GTV »

Triple generations, very nice indeed!!
I'm an Opinionated Old fart: I insist that you read the Troubleshooting charts first: I'm Just saying...
1973 TA22 GTV (RHD)
1973 RA21 ST (LHD)
1977 TE56 GLS (RHD)
1974 RN22 Hilux (LHD)(Pickup)