New to the forum - 1975 St

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
gmthurin

New to the forum - 1975 St

Post by gmthurin »

Hi all,

I just got on to the forum and super excited! I have a 1975 st that I picked up just over a month ago. I am doing a 5 speed trans swap in about a week or so and the suspension. All the parts are purchased just got to put in the hard work. The car is in SE Michigan at my brothers (that is his Z parked next to my car) but unfortunately I live in Central Jersey so I do not get that much time to work on it as I would like. Anyways, I look forward to getting to meet other Celica owners.

Gabe

neil reid

Re: New to the forum - 1975 St

Post by neil reid »

Welcome Gabe, Looks like a nice car by the small pic. Good luck with your project.

Lots of good info here if and when you need it. :cheers:

Neil
If it ain't broke, BREAK IT
gmthurin

Re: New to the forum - 1975 St

Post by gmthurin »

Thanks, this site has already been a great help! I finished the w58 swap, I used 5speed from a 82 celica - fit right in and didn't have to change the drive shaft. You do have to use shorter bolts up top on the bellhousing and had to do some modification to the X-member. Also the shifter fit right in. The pedal was a different story, I got a Willwood, but it is really short and had to cut to get it to line up with the master cylinder. But anyways, I wont keep on cause then this should got to the build post. But if anyone is thinking about doing this swap send me a post I can I can get you a few tips that I learned from doing the swap.

Gabe