Hello from Miami

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Trdfreak

Hello from Miami

Post by Trdfreak »

Hello, I am a new member to this site. I own a 1974 celica, currently it has a 18r-c. I do have big plans for this car. I plan upgrading to an 18rg engine but putting a little bit of 2015 technology. I plan on running megasquirt, 50mm itbs, And a nice cam. I know the motor is outdated, but I wanted to have a motor from its time period. Recently I got rear ended the car was able to be fixed but I haven't Been to find a replacement rear bumper. I also got some long champs that I am in th middle of restoring. I will post some picture of the wheels some other time. ImageImage
Last edited by Trdfreak on November 16th, 2015, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
neil reid

Re: Hello from Miami

Post by neil reid »

Nothing wrong with an outdated engine in an outdated car...kinda like wings and beer imho.

Welcome and when you get a moment please add your location to your profile..it comes in handy when looking for parts etc.

:cheers:
Neil
If it ain't broke, BREAK IT
Trdfreak

Post by Trdfreak »

neil reid wrote:Nothing wrong with an outdated engine in an outdated car...kinda like wings and beer imho.

Welcome and when you get a moment please add your location to your profile..it comes in handy when looking for parts etc.

:cheers:
Neil
Thanks for the tip. It was real late when this post, I still have too fix a few things, like these pictures I posted
I am not worried about having an old motor, I am it's not gonna be a whimp, as alot of work is going into that motor. I am trying to get as close as I can to 200rwhp on motor, I know it's hoping for alot but a man can have dreams
ra21fred

Post by ra21fred »

Trdfreak wrote:Image
Like the look of that rim/tire fit! Can you share rim and tire specs. Lowered? Fenders rolled? Any rubbing?
Trdfreak

Post by Trdfreak »

Yea, they enkei 15x8 0 off set front are 205 50 15 and the rears are 225 50 15. The inside fender lip is cut off, personally I would have rather rolled them but I got the car like this. Yea, the car is lower I have ae86 coil overs in the front, and I really don't know what type of Springs I have in the rear. Yea, it rubs a little.