Hello from Corvallis Oregon!

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Yotaguy72

Hello from Corvallis Oregon!

Post by Yotaguy72 »

I was waiting until I got a bit further into my project before joining this forum. I've heard tons of good things and am excited to meet like minded peoples! Thanks to Mike for helping me get my foot in the door here.

My uncle got me started in these when I was little as he had a 'sports car' I remember as a kid. That car ended up being a '72 RA21. My first car was also a '72 RA21 back in 1996. I'm finally at a point where I can afford to put one of these together the way I have always wanted. Turns out my uncle still had the one I fell in love with as a kid, but it had been sitting in his yard for over a decade. He gave it to me along with an 18R-GR (block is toast, but hoping the head is good) and boxes of parts I added to the stuff I'd accumulated over the years. I've got a blog of what I've been doing as I go through this thing so my uncle (and others) can follow along. http://www.72ra21.com

Here's what it looked like back in the late 80s/early 90s when my uncle had it running. He like the '73 bumpers/turn signals/hood vents better, but it is a 72! I'm going to be putting it back to the '72 style though as I like the smoother bumpers and snorkel type hood vents.

Here's when I got it home:

Here's where I currently am with it:

Currently I'm looking for media blasting/paint/body work in the area (not something I can do myself). I don't use forums a ton, so bear with me if something is broken/in the wrong spot.
rachuck21

Re: Hello from Corvallis Oregon!

Post by rachuck21 »

Nice! Welcome!
Chuck
"If you're going through hell, keep going." Winston Churchill
https://imgur.com/m2giFIx
saathoff_ra24

Re: Hello from Corvallis Oregon!

Post by saathoff_ra24 »

hey I'm about 30 minuets west of you in lebanon if you ever want a hand with anything!