95Neoner from Ohio

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
95neoner

95Neoner from Ohio

Post by 95neoner »

I'm Justin https://www.facebook.com/95neoner (if you get on there, I've got a ton of pictures you can take a couple weeks to look though, or if you prefer better quality, I've got my flickr here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/95neoner/), and I love my '76 Celica ST... here's a couple of my favorite pics of it:

I really need to get a project log up and going on it to get you up to speed on everything going on with it, so I'll try to get around to that soon. (EDIT: here - http://www.1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21678 ) Currently got the factory 20R/W50 setup, a turbo 18RG w/ w58 is in the works, although I admittedly have a ton to learn before I'm ready to get it going. It's been in storage the last couple years (yeah, yeah... I know...) while I was active duty and I need to get the diff gasket replaced, fluid back in the diff, and of course the fuel system probably needs work by now... damn ethanol... :arg:

I go by the same s/n on several other forums and don't post a whole lot anymore, and feel terribly guilty for not doing so. I spend a lot of time watching and trying to learn more about racing, so I'm not on these things as much as I'd like to be. I guess I should clarify now, I'm an all-around car guy and not really a loyalist to anything. I like pointing out to those that debate what the best domestic make is (if there is such a thing anymore) that I own two Chryslers, two Fords, and a Chevy, and I'm just as confused as they are. I guess if you're interested in projects outside Celicas, I've got two '95 Neons which are my first chassis I got into, one is a decade long time trials build (SRT swap, shooting for 325hp and even more torque, wider, gutted, goal here is <2200# caged, 275 rubber, it's wrong wheel drive, but I'm excited for getting to jump back into it) the other was a autocross toy that got the hand-me downs from the TT build and was a prior Grassroots Motorsports project rallycross car if you read their magazine. I've got two Miatas, one a '99 NB I'm using in HPDE and as a daily, the other I'm not entirely decided until I get going on, but it's a '97 NA basket case put-it-together puzzle car I got with a 1.6. I'm thinking it'll end up being a PTE car. The Chevy I mentioned is a '93 Z28 Camaro w/ T56 that I bought for a killer deal and the plan is to fix and flip at Carlisle. Besides those, I've got a '90 240SX that I've had as long as I've been building on the first Neon and haven't got far with it. Idea was always to put a RB26 in it, and I've seen the AWD ones, and I want. Lastly... I've got my '71 Z. I swore up and down I wasn't gonna modify it, then I just kind of came to the realization that I bought the car to enjoy, not as an investment to look at out in the garage every once in a while. I've got a 20ft Pace box trailer to pull all of these around I'm outfitting too.

I'm hoping in the near future I can end up upgrading my job first, get myself into a permanent dwelling and get a nice 3000+ sq ft garage put up for all of this crap... might make working on everything a lot easier. I see myself getting a LS400 in the near future to replace the NB as a daily because race cars beat the crap out of you, and I want more camber on the track toy. Then I need something of my own to tow that trailer. I'm thinking a newer Chevy van w/ something LS based, and doing a 4wd conversion because getting stuck in the mud at the track with a shower and bed on your mind sucks.

Don't yell at me... I'm gonna add a picture of each of the current toys below in the order I introduced them above.

Don't worry, those headlights are gone, and the dash on top is carbon fiber too, along with most of the body panels.

(Photo credit to Kevin Fitzmaurice)

(Photo credit to Matt McHugh)

When I'm not messing with cars:

I'll link you guys to that project log from here when I get it posted. Look forward to learning this platform better from you all.

Free random picture time! Anyone like standing mile?

Last edited by 95neoner on February 9th, 2016, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'76 ST coupe build thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21678
sjsf5

Re: 95Neoner from Ohio

Post by sjsf5 »

Awesome collection! Welcome to the page! :2thumbs:
"Dude I almost had you!"
RIP Paul Walker