lurking in Portland, OR

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Corax

lurking in Portland, OR

Post by Corax »

First off, yeah, I don't actually have a 1st gen, but a bunch of my internet searches lately kept leading back to this site. So I asked some of my forum friends and somehow got an email address which led me to someone that allowed me to register here :)

While I might not be very active here, I really do appreciate the work others have done in thinking outside the box and figuring out performance solutions for these older Celicas. I'm sure a lot of the info will cross over and can be used on my car (I recently picked up a few pair of RX7 calipers for a killer deal, so that's my latest research).

My own ride is an '85 Celica GT. I swapped a van axle in for the F code diff and designed/laser cut brackets for a disc conversion, ditched the flip-up headlights, deleted the sunroof, made my own Bilstein inverted monotube coilovers using inserts from a RAV4, and recently completely gutted it and started on a custom harness in preparation for a 3SGE BEAMS swap (even using an is200 cluster that I got from the UK). This was mainly bought for RallyX, but until recently when I yanked the engine, was also my DD.

No intro thread is good without pics, so 2 of my favorites

Frankdoofy

Re: lurking in Portland, OR

Post by Frankdoofy »

do the rav 4 inserts fit in the stock casings?
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

You know this thread is a year old and was his (or her) only post right?
1977 GT Liftback
3SGTE and stuff
Corax

Post by Corax »

Frankdoofy wrote:do the rav 4 inserts fit in the stock casings?
Yes they do, but you need a small spacer because the body of the shock is slightly shorter
Corax

Post by Corax »

a bit of clever searching via CTRL-F and comparing to your stock lengths might yield some interesting results
http://www.monroe.com/downloads/install ... ations.pdf