'73 TA22 ST - New member from UK

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
SamTa22

'73 TA22 ST - New member from UK

Post by SamTa22 »

Hi all

Thought I'd finally get around to introducing myself - Sam from Kent in the UK. When time allows I'm currently restoring a 1973 TA22 ST (as well as a few other things!)

I see there are a few familiar faces on here from some of the other forums I frequent but hoping to meet some new folk and ask for lots of information and advice - I'm going to need it! :shock:

I will start a thread on where I am to date but as a brief intro to the project - the car was actually my surprise wedding present from my wife (as of 12th Sept 2015), a friend of hers had not touched it in years and knew that I liked a project and a challenge. After many discussions (which I was not part of), an agreement was reached and a liberation party dispatched to pull it from it's hiding place of 26 years. I was then surprised with it before the big day as she couldn't wait any longer!

So some pics...
Its hiding place

As found

As it currently looks

Cheers,

Sam
'73 TA22 Toyota Celica
'56 Austin A35
'69 MGB GT V8
BMW 330ci individual
L200 classic
exodus

Re: '73 TA22 ST - New member from UK

Post by exodus »

Sam,

welcome and thanks for being part our forum...your wife is a KEEPER!! That was super awesome of her to do that for you.

car looks like a great start...

what are your plans for it?
Foxy:My 1973 Celica-Powered By ITB'd F20c - SOLD 8/13 :(
BUILD THREAD: http://1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1221
Flyby Video's of Foxy: http://youtu.be/VSXNinaak8o
SamTa22

Re: '73 TA22 ST - New member from UK

Post by SamTa22 »

It was a bit of a shock I must admit - think she's now regretting it a little as I'm now usually playing with the car or parts for the car... maybe that was her plan all along... :lol:

Plans at the moment are to get it as mechanically sorted and bodywork as solid as I can - there are a few areas of the dreaded tin worm as to be expected for something sat for so long. Eventually it'll be a full strip and respray to hopefully something similar to the following look:

Will start a thread and update as to where I've got to to date - it's been interesting!
'73 TA22 Toyota Celica
'56 Austin A35
'69 MGB GT V8
BMW 330ci individual
L200 classic