introduction

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
liftback77

introduction

Post by liftback77 »

Hello from The Netherlands!

Been visiting this awesome site a lot the last few weeks,since i found it when browsing the internet for parts. So now its high time for me to register.
I'm Patrick,38 years of age. I've owned 1st gen celica's for the past 20 years. Currently i'm restoring 2 celica's ta23,a '76 and a '77. Lots and lots of rust repair has been done and now i can really say i'm an expert welder :lol:.Prepping them for paint is my next target.Getting parts here is getting harder and harder,and straight rustfree sheetmetal is really nowhere to be found in n-europe due to the wet and salty climate. One of my 2 celica's i'm going to keep as daily transportation (planning to swap the stock 2t for a 18r-g). The other one has to go for the right price,cause i need the money for my next project. I've been thinking about importing a solid ra 29 from The US (california ,Arizona or any dry place where they can be found). Maybe a v8 engineswap is next. I've wanted to do a v8 swap for many years already,but i want the best solid rustfree base i can find to do that with. I still didn't found it. A southern ra 29 would come in very handy with my plans. Oke enough for now,i'll keep you updated here,and please tel me about it if you have any information for me about a decent ra 29 that can be shipped to Europe.

Greetz, Patrick..
Last edited by liftback77 on November 15th, 2008, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TA28Dutch

Re: introduction

Post by TA28Dutch »

Welcome, Patrick from a fellow Dutchman, although I'm stationed in a more warm and dry climate (Oman).
May I also point you to the Dutch Celica forum http://www.tccn.nl
Post some pics!

Groetjes (cheers)
Rob
Lately my mind is bit like my internet browser; too many open tabs, some are frozen,
and I have no idea where the music is coming from..... :roll:
1977 CelicaTA28,
1974 VW Type 2, (T1)
1976 Honda CB750
1992 Honda ST1100 Pan European