Hello there!

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Bartta23

Hello there!

Post by Bartta23 »

My name is Bart and since 2 years i am the proud owner of a TA23 Celica ST. Thanks to my good friend AD i was invited to this forum to join this community that is enthusiast about the first generation Celica.

I am an engineer who is capable of creating and fabricating his own parts and i am not new to make engine conversions work. My Celica is a beaten up old car that was not restored in a fashionable way but that gives the car its characteristics. Technical the car was 100% till last month when a stupid driver in front of me suddenly brakes for nothing........ so let the restoration begin....

Yes, the minute I fixed the car in the way it was technical 100%, i decided i want to try i alp at the famous Nordschleife in Germany and with succes. I could overtake some cars and finished the "Green Hell"in about 12 minutes.

In the future i will discuss the mater of engine swaps and the things that are coming with it, I will be active on this forum!
rachuck21

Re: Hello there!

Post by rachuck21 »

Nice shots. Welcome!
Chuck
"If you're going through hell, keep going." Winston Churchill
https://imgur.com/m2giFIx
celicata23

Post by celicata23 »

Bart, got some pictures of your TA23, and the new body we picked up yesterday. :cheers: :cheers:

KWP

Post by KWP »

Hello Bart,

To bad that youre car is wrecked. But otherwise its a good reason to start a restoration.
If you come across another ta23 or ta28 please let me know. I cant find a car to start a reastoration/conversion.

I look forward to see some restoration pics :2thumbs:

greets,
Koen
Bartta23

Post by Bartta23 »

KWP wrote:Hello Bart,

To bad that youre car is wrecked. But otherwise its a good reason to start a restoration.
If you come across another ta23 or ta28 please let me know. I cant find a car to start a reastoration/conversion.

greets,
Koen
It is sad the red celica nis wrecked, this was a car with caracter, but indeed it was a nice trigger to progres my plans for my celica. The plan was, and now still is, to put in a 6cil engine with turbo, make a nice honoust 250/300 bhp. Build the car in a good quality and in a way to keep rust issues away. Performance is prior

It does certainly not become a perfect resored or concours quality car, this one is built to drive 8)
Not for being fancy :P
Bartta23

Post by Bartta23 »

I can still not thank you enough for picking up the new shell. That was a nice little adventure with occasionally a pitoresk sight of the landscape in the south of Belgium. Now search the rest of the parts, but compared to the shell that is a walk in the park :P

Thanks for the pictures
Bartta23

Post by Bartta23 »

KWP wrote:Hello Bart,

greets,
Koen
For the restoration you are looking for i don't know where you live but here in the Netherlands on the internet there was a TA28 project for sale. If i find the link i wil post it to your pm, i dont know for sure if the add is up to date
KWP

Post by KWP »

I know someone that took a look at the car
It was to far gone. It was the car with a square grinded out of the left strut tower.The car isnt on outoscout enaymore so i guess its sold
matthijs

Post by matthijs »

That blue shell has been for sale for some time, couldn't figure out why it didn't sell quick. Expensive ?
You mean this ta28? I didn't buy it, but know the person that did.

KWP

Post by KWP »

Yes i saw that one, i've been told its not in good shape. Wonder why that square is grinded out...
KWP

Post by KWP »

Yes i saw that one, i've been told its not in good shape. Wonder why that square is grinded out...
Bartta23

Post by Bartta23 »

My new body is in pretty good condition, exept a little rust beneath front and rear window. And ofcourse the roofline. I am glad it does not have a sunroof and the wheel arches seem to be the original ones, for what i could see the bottom is rustfree and never welded. So i thought it was a pretty good base car to start from.

My old car has a lot of rust execpt bottom,it has a sunroof and a lot of rust beneath every window. A hole rusted in the A pillar. So i am very happy with the new body
matthijs

Post by matthijs »

I've got a front bumper for your new shell if you need one.
Bartta23

Post by Bartta23 »

This week i bought a pretty good hood, i hope during the winter i can find the rest of the parts that i need.

The guy ibought the hood from has a lot more stuff for me, all the hinges, tiny stuff, bumpers and even a black nice carpet. He was willing to trade against some parts that my friend has and he wanted the TA40 gearbox that is in the red celica.

My other concerns are the weatherstrips but i have some leads to original genuine toyota ones :D

The last thing i need for my wishlist are 2 front fenders, i have one never used right fender but it has some nasty dents i think its damage that occured while been transported and something heavy hit the fender. It is useble but 2 nice fenders would save me a lot of time. They don't have to be perfect because maybe i want fender flares, but that i still do not know for sure.
Bartta23

Post by Bartta23 »

Finally, after a while i found some pretty good parts for the new shell. It took me some time but i managed to find superiour condition fenders and even a matching pair. A pretty good front bumper. But i suffer from A rear bumper curse or something..... :?

First i have had a bumper with a small opening for a licenseplate, then i tought i had the correct one. But that was an early 71/72 bumper, the mounting brackets where located different. I traded that one for a good rear bumper but found out that the bumper was pushed flat a little so it would not fit the car. I still have to "retrade :P " this one for a proper one, this is al taken care of haha.

I even found a matching set of locks for the ignition and doors because on my 2 cars i do not have 1 matching lock....... so i am happy that i found this, and even with a good ignition switch/lock because with the red car when i drove into a left corner or driving on a roundabout my girlfriend has to catch the ignitionkey.

I even manage to buy an original weatherstrip for the windshield, so the parts list is getting shorter.

Sorry for the pictures cut of from the right, i will rework the images for a better view