new guy first post

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
1dumbquestion

new guy first post

Post by 1dumbquestion »

Well it says to introduce yourself so here I am.

I'm in my 40's and bought my 1st Celica ('75 GT) the day before I turned 16. Had it for about 4 years and got the itch about 5 years ago to find another. I've bought 4 since then and have a 74 GT as my project car. I just pulled a 2.3 turbo and BW 5spd from an '85 thunderbird as my future power plant for the Celica. I know there are much better options but I don't like to go with the norm. Looking forward to this site. Nice to meet you all, 1
Castillo77

Re: new guy first post

Post by Castillo77 »

Welcome to the club. Cant wait to see some pictures of your build.
neil reid

Post by neil reid »

Don't think we've seen that drivetrain yet. It's a interesting one for sure. It would be great if you could take lots of pics of the build and in particular the engine /gearbox install. Good to know how easy or difficult it is.

And finally, welcome to the forum there are many helpful people here, we pride ourselves in not being critical and try to offer advice in a positive manner.

There are no dumb questions...other than the ones I usually ask.

Cheers
Neil
If it ain't broke, BREAK IT
turboscooby07

Post by turboscooby07 »

Hey that is a swap I have considered for sure. There is a guy here with a 2.3 fox body...damn thing runs 9's in the 1/4
7t5-27

Post by 7t5-27 »

http://www.1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.p ... o&start=45 here ya go 2.3 turbo in RA29, good luck
Stay safe
Greg
It's a TA27 not a TE27