Hello from East Bay Area

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Sprocket481

Hello from East Bay Area

Post by Sprocket481 »

I've had two classic Celicas. The first I got in high school, I traded a graphing calculator and $50 for it (this was almost 15 years ago before everyone went crazy for them and you could still get one for almost nothing). I had it for a few years when it was hit by a drunk driver while parked in my driveway. The damage was only cosmetic and minor at that but the insurance company still totaled it. At the time it also had a blown the head gasket and fed up with it I made the stupidest decision I've ever made and decided to sell it :banghead: A few years later I realized my mistake and have been searching for another one ever since. Well a year ago I found this beauty up in Washington and bought it immediately.

full size image

I recently moved to the San Francisco Bay Area and hopefully on Monday I will finally get it licensed (California emission laws are a pain in the @$$). It's bone stock (for now) and the only damage is a Grand Canyon size crack in the middle of the dashboard. I'm planning on completely swapping out engine and suspension, I'm just not sure with what yet.
73GTV

Re: Hello from East Bay Area

Post by 73GTV »

Sprocket481 wrote:I've had two classic Celicas. The first I got in high school, I traded a graphing calculator and $50 for it (this was almost 15 years ago before everyone went crazy for them and you could still get one for almost nothing). I had it for a few years when it was hit by a drunk driver while parked in my driveway. The damage was only cosmetic and minor at that but the insurance company still totaled it. At the time it also had a blown the head gasket and fed up with it I made the stupidest decision I've ever made and decided to sell it :banghead: A few years later I realized my mistake and have been searching for another one ever since. Well a year ago I found this beauty up in Washington and bought it immediately.

full size image

I recently moved to the San Francisco Bay Area and hopefully on Monday I will finally get it licensed (California emission laws are a pain in the @$$). It's bone stock (for now) and the only damage is a Grand Canyon size crack in the middle of the dashboard. I'm planning on completely swapping out engine and suspension, I'm just not sure with what yet.
"The Atomic Celica".... No? ........ "Gad Counter One" Man, Welcome, Welcome!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I'm an Opinionated Old fart: I insist that you read the Troubleshooting charts first: I'm Just saying...
1973 TA22 GTV (RHD)
1973 RA21 ST (LHD)
1977 TE56 GLS (RHD)
1974 RN22 Hilux (LHD)(Pickup)
dsp979

Post by dsp979 »

Welcome to the east bay. There's a last Thursday of the month old school j-tin meet in santa clara. You might be able to find it on FB.
1971, 72, 74 Celicas
1985 AE88 hatch
1989 240SX hatch
2020 86 TRD package (sold 2004 IS300 5MT)
Sprocket481

Post by Sprocket481 »

dsp979 wrote:Welcome to the east bay. There's a last Thursday of the month old school j-tin meet in santa clara. You might be able to find it on FB.
Ahh, missed it this month. I'll try and make it out for the May meetup.