New member in northern Virginia

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
77RA24

New member in northern Virginia

Post by 77RA24 »

I've been in the old-school Toyota seen for a while now and currently own a 1977 Toyota Celica ST (took me 2 years to find it). It's actually in the middle of having body and paint completed once that is finished The plan is to swap in a 3UZFE (with the automatic), and a Ford 8.8 out of a 87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. I've seen guys swap in the 1uzfe so I figure there's enough room.

If any of you have experience doing what I intend to do I would really appreciate some helpful tips. I'm a former welder so if anyone in my area needs help with some welding feel free to ask.

A few friends of mine and I would love to get with some people around the DMV area so let me know if your interested.

Currently I'm a Paintless Dent Repair Technician so again if I can help feel free to ask.
Current vehicles

1977 Toyota Celica (my pride and joy)
1991 Mazda Miata (smiles per gallon!)
2014 VW Jetta Sportwagen (Daily)
1997 Ford F800 with Cummins 5.9L (plow truck)

Previous Toyotas

72 Toyota Corolla (Mango)
84/86 Toyota 4Runner (22RTE)
76_celica_gt

Re: New member in northern Virginia

Post by 76_celica_gt »

77RA24 wrote:I've been in the old-school Toyota seen for a while now and currently own a 1977 Toyota Celica ST (took me 2 years to find it). It's actually in the middle of having body and paint completed once that is finished The plan is to swap in a 3UZFE (with the automatic), and a Ford 8.8 out of a 87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. I've seen guys swap in the 1uzfe so I figure there's enough room.

If any of you have experience doing what I intend to do I would really appreciate some helpful tips. I'm a former welder so if anyone in my area needs help with some welding feel free to ask.

A few friends of mine and I would love to get with some people around the DMV area so let me know if your interested.

Currently I'm a Paintless Dent Repair Technician so again if I can help feel free to ask.
Hey 77RA24,
Here's a great old site that details the hardships of that, and I'm pretty sure it also gives build examples with steps.
PM me if you want me to try and find some of the other swap sites i looked at a while back! :cheers:
~~Austin *click for my FB page!*

My 1976 Celica GT coupe