Hello from a Honda owner.

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
doaner

Hello from a Honda owner.

Post by doaner »

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Dylan and I'm an aerospace technician. I reside in Southern California; Orange County to be exact. I've met some amazing people on my other car forum and a few who are now some of my closest friends.

I'm in an absolute awe about the 1st gen Celicas. Just lovin' the body style, quad lights and the classic look to them. I hope with this forum, I can acquire some helpful insight about these cars, meet new people, and be able to pick up a Celica as my daily driver.

Here's a picture of a few people from our crew.

The blue s2000 is my car. We love cruising around town and highways. If your from the 626 area and see about 30-40 s2000s cruising down the street. Be sure to say hi because that's most likely us coming from our bi-weekly meets. :wave:
7t5-27

Re: Hello from a Honda owner.

Post by 7t5-27 »

Interesting, lots of info here an all types of celica's you should find what you are looking for. Be Safe
Greg
It's a TA27 not a TE27
JDM_GUY

Post by JDM_GUY »

welcome to this forum. theres a few celica 1st gen here that has a s2k power plant, famous ones are owned by f20c_ra21, wqdtoy, and koich, theres more out there though.
JDM_GUY DRU Building to prove a purpose for those who ridiculed.
exodus

Post by exodus »

JDM_GUY wrote:welcome to this forum. theres a few celica 1st gen here that has a s2k power plant, famous ones are owned by f20c_ra21, wqdtoy, and koich, theres more out there though.
HEY U FORGOT ME TOO..... oh im sorry you said "FAMOUS ONES" yea that's totally not me..... haha.. :banghead:

but yea.... welcome to the forums man... hope it will open your eyes to a whole new world of cars.... it sure did for me..... :2thumbs:
Foxy:My 1973 Celica-Powered By ITB'd F20c - SOLD 8/13 :(
BUILD THREAD: http://1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1221
Flyby Video's of Foxy: http://youtu.be/VSXNinaak8o
doaner

Post by doaner »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! :2thumbs:
exodus wrote:
JDM_GUY wrote:welcome to this forum. theres a few celica 1st gen here that has a s2k power plant, famous ones are owned by f20c_ra21, wqdtoy, and koich, theres more out there though.
HEY U FORGOT ME TOO..... oh im sorry you said "FAMOUS ONES" yea that's totally not me..... haha.. :banghead:

but yea.... welcome to the forums man... hope it will open your eyes to a whole new world of cars.... it sure did for me..... :2thumbs:
Awesome setup you got going on with your f20 motor. Just be sure to check the oil jet bolts if your motor happen to come from an 00-01 and some early 02. :wave:
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

doaner wrote:Just wanted to introduce myself. ...
I'm in an absolute awe about the 1st gen Celicas. Just lovin' the body style, quad lights and the classic look to them. I hope with this forum, I can acquire some helpful insight about these cars, meet new people, and be able to pick up a Celica as my daily driver.
Welcome, and nice looking s2000. Just a word of caution, 1st gen Celicas are pretty old, 22+ years old. Even if you find one and the test drive is perfect, expect issues. They have pretty lousy performance compared to what you are used to, have a manual steering box, carbs, rear drum brakes.... Depending on what you are after in a DD, and your budget, these cars can be a great starting point for a project. A lot of us love the size and looks of these cars, but end up modifying them to fit our needs and wants. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are also a number of us who DD a virtually stock car as well. Point is, if you buy a 1st gen Celica be prepared to do some work, either maintenance and repairs or mods unless you pick up one that has had this done already.
1977 GT Liftback
3SGTE and stuff
doaner

Post by doaner »

skeptic wrote:
doaner wrote:Just wanted to introduce myself. ...
Welcome, and nice looking s2000. Just a word of caution, 1st gen Celicas are pretty old, 22+ years old. Even if you find one and the test drive is perfect, expect issues. They have pretty lousy performance compared to what you are used to, have a manual steering box, carbs, rear drum brakes.... Depending on what you are after in a DD, and your budget, these cars can be a great starting point for a project. A lot of us love the size and looks of these cars, but end up modifying them to fit our needs and wants. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are also a number of us who DD a virtually stock car as well. Point is, if you buy a 1st gen Celica be prepared to do some work, either maintenance and repairs or mods unless you pick up one that has had this done already.
Thanks for the advice. I'm fully aware of what I'm getting myself into. I have a body shop and a parts guy to help get my Celica up and running. I don't expect it to not have any issues because I had a 2nd gen CRX which I've done a motor swap and restored its interior. It rattled like no other and its exterior wasn't the best in shape but I loved that little runt of a car. My s2000 would be my daily driver until I find and recondition a Celica to my standards.
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

welcome.. this is a great site for 1st gen celicas.. theres alot of SoCal peeps.. good luck finding ur new addiction.. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Rocky
WIQDTOY

Post by WIQDTOY »

welcome to the site.
Ray
"who wants to own a car you can't drive 12 feet away from a trailer! those cars belong in a museum!" -anonymous