Newb in TN

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Scooter3

Newb in TN

Post by Scooter3 »

Found this site off the JNC and Im glad I did. Ive got a 77 Liftback that my dad bought new in 77. It needs to be gone through and it will be as soon as Im done doing my current project. I dont have any digital pics of it handy because of recent computer crash but I might have some on a CD stashed some where.

I might as well share this story about how my dad bought the car. He was at the closet Toyota dealership to our town where a friend of his worked as a dealer. He was originally on his way to look at a 72 Vette and thought he would stop by the dealership and see if his friend was there on the way back. The Vette was a silver T-Top with about 50,000 miles on it and the guy had a good price on it. The night before my dad left to look at the Vette it came a big rain storm. When he got to the Vette he opened the door and the floor boards were full of water. Some what disgusted he left the Vette to go see his friend at the Toyota dealership. He met his friend in the show room and there was the celica. It was the only black on black celica on the lot and it happened to be the dealership owner's wife. My dad told his Vette story to his friend and he said well, I can sell you a new car for the same price as that Vette. My dad tells him that the only car he will buy is that black celica. His friend says I cant sell you that car its my boss's wife's car. Two days later my dad had it sitting in the driveway. Two weeks later the dealship owner was calling him wanting to buy it back because his wife was mad as hell at him.
Im jhun_hapi

Re: Newb in TN

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

wow a very interesting story.. :cheers: pls post a lot of pics in and out.. Welcome.. :2thumbs:

Rocky
Blaze86Vic

Re: Newb in TN

Post by Blaze86Vic »

HAHA, awesome story! Welcome aboard!