Toy Junkie From AZ

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
WileEToyote

Toy Junkie From AZ

Post by WileEToyote »

Hi fellow obsessed Toyota owners.

I've been a Toyota fan since I began driving. I've owned at least one Toyota truck since I bought the first one (my first car). Up to this point I've only owned trucks, mid 80's 2nd gens (Marty McFly) style. I have a passion for working on/restoring/bringing them back from the dead. I've always been a fan of the 1st gen celicas. I found one on Craigslist, that really should only be a parts car, and I just couldn't resist. I drove out and drug it home. It's a '77 GT liftback. It's neglected and sun beaten, but 99% rust free. So I'm off to get it back to it's former glory. I spend a lot of time on yotatech.com, about my trucks and that sight has been invaluable for my trucks. So I started looking for something equivalent for 1st gen celicas and I think I found the place. I look forward to asking you all stupid questions and getting told to search.
AZCelica

Re: Toy Junkie From AZ

Post by AZCelica »

Welcome to the site. :wave:

Did you buy that one out in Maricopa? Looked like it could be a runner with very little work.

Gil
:cheers:
Phx77ST

Post by Phx77ST »

I'll throw in a "hello" and welcome too. This is a great site with helpful people. You'll be here often and won't be disappointed with the support. We are a special breed, us Celica lovers and there is always room for more.

I'll add to Gil's question. Is that the LB from Maricopa? If so, let us know if you wouldn't mind us coming by for a look? We both talked about it and were curious about the condition. Plus you could meet some local contacts (us). :wave:

Gil you up for that if we get the word? I'll drive. :2thumbs:

Chris
AZCelica

Post by AZCelica »

Sure thing! Would love a ride in one of your 3 sweet rides.
BTW how'd the GF take the news of your latest purchase?

Gil
Phx77ST

Post by Phx77ST »

Oh, she...uh, well...let's just say not good. :arg:

But oh, well. She'll just have to put up with another mistress. :lol2:

Chris
WileEToyote

Post by WileEToyote »

Yep, it was the one from Maricopa. I got it for 4 bills. It's not as bad as it could've been, everything is there 99% complete and the body is pretty straight. A little surface rust is about all. A whole lot of dry rot from sitting in the Arizona sun. The interior is going to need some love. Seems that it had a minor collision at one time. The front valance and bumper filler panel are trashed, the passenger fender is a little re-shaped and the hood hinges are tweaked a bit. From what I was told it only needs a fuel pump to run. So far I've just cleaned it up a bit. I hosed out the engine bay and find a pretty little 20r under the dust and mouse crap. I'm out in west phoenix, Litchfield Park, I'd be happy to have you over to take a look. It's nice to talk to other yota nuts, some people just don't get it.
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Welcome!! I love the username BTW "WileEToyote" and from Arizona, biggrin

Just don't follow any "Roadrunners" off a cliff, we all know those Mopar guys aren't too smart! :lol2:

:cheers:
Pete
WileEToyote

Post by WileEToyote »

lol, unfortunately the name suits me a little too well.