Chris V from Michigan (RA29)

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
speedfreak426

Chris V from Michigan (RA29)

Post by speedfreak426 »

Hey all,
I am from Michigan and I am the only classic Celica person (that I know of so far) in this state. I can see why. My 1977 RA29 is still stting behind the garage covered in snow! I can not wait to get it out in the spring time. My plans for this year include a little bit of body work and a new paint job, new wheels, and either a 7M-GTE or SR20DET, I have not really decided as of yet. All of this depends on the money situation and the amount that I have to travel for work. As of now I am just getting into small one night projects. I'll post up some pics as soon as I can figure out how!

I purchased this car a little less than a year ago and it is originally from Cali. it just has a 20r with stock everything, all that has been done is that I reworked the aisin carb a little bit for some more power and better response. I just recieved my Pacesetter header in the mail, yet to be installed ( snow :( )
Last night I tried to see what I could do with the plain factory Gauges, ill post up some pictures in a couple minutes.

oooo.... and if there is anyone else in/near the michigan area please let me know!

Chris V
speedfreak426

Post by speedfreak426 »

Sorry if this is too many pictures, i dont know if I even posted them right...

JDM_GUY

Post by JDM_GUY »

Welcome. Your liftback looks like is a good starting project. Looks like your also creative with things so I'm curious how will your celica will turn out.

Those custom guages, are those just CF stickers?
speedfreak426

Post by speedfreak426 »

haha, I wish they were real, but just stickers this time around! just a roll of CF look alike and some 1/4 inch numbers... believe it or not the numbers were a pain to find that small! plenty of letters around, but numbers were a little difficult to locate
YellowHawtness

Post by YellowHawtness »

My RA29 looked identical to your's when I bought it.
speedfreak426

Post by speedfreak426 »

I am hoping mine will look as good as yours some day, I just wish I could get ahold of a set of smilies and find a deacent set of (new) wheels that would fit both front and rear. I dont think that the rewinds are the best look for the LB. I found a set of "Maxxim" wheels on ebay and they are 15x7 +15 offset, any idea if these will fit? I have no clue.
I really want 16's but i cant find a set. I have heard that 8" wide is too wide for the front. I dont want to have to flare the fenders at all (rolling the lip I can do though) and I dont want to them to stick out either. Can anybody give me any suggestions here?
YellowHawtness

Post by YellowHawtness »

Thanks for the compliment. I wouldn't run an 8" wheel in the front. Find something that you like in a 7", then have the back two widened.