3sgte help!!!!

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
72-3sgte

3sgte help!!!!

Post by 72-3sgte »

hey guys, i just got my 72' celica, is that posible to SWAP a 3sgte motor on my 72???? thnx
skeptic

Re: 3sgte help!!!!

Post by skeptic »

Possible, probably but not sure with a short nose Celica. Worth it, probably not unless you are a good fabricator with plenty of experience and plan to do it all yourself. Although if you have the skills and experience, you probably wouldn't be asking...

Speaking as someone with a 3SGTE powered 1st gen, you're better off putting the time, money, and effort elsewhere. Power R&P steering, I can't say it enough, the single best mod I've done. Upgrade the suspension. Better brakes including a rear disc brake swap. THEN do the engine, but go with an easier swap than a 3sgte. Something already RWD. Personally, if I had to do it over I'd go with a built 22re and a turbo kit. Unless you are racing, 150hp is plenty and a turbo 22RE or modded 22RET can more than double that. I'm not sure how strong the stock rear end is, but over 150hp I'd be swapping it out (which can get you disc brakes at the same time).
1977 GT Liftback
3SGTE and stuff