Hello from Alberta

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
racerhead73

Hello from Alberta

Post by racerhead73 »

Hello all,

I was on Classic-Celica some time ago, but due to life happening my project dried up. Things have really picked up in the last while and my car is coming together very nicely. It is a 1973 RA21 that is a resto-mod, heavy on the mod part. We started working on it in 2007, but ended up focusing on a friends 1971 RA20 that was finished last summer. My fiance is a journeyman ticketed welder/fabricator/painter so he is doing the cool fun stuff (I think so at least, although I'm sure he entertains the thought of lighting it on fire sometimes :lol: ), and I feel bad that there isn't much I can do right now. That will change soon when we get back to the not so technical parts and I can start sandblasting, doing body work, wrenching, and the glory of re-assembly hopefully by the end of June/beginning of July :D Needless to say things are moving along faster and faster. The car as it sits right now is pretty much a shell, with parts in the garage, the shed, the house, my folks house... :oops:

I look forward to talking with people I used to know, and getting to know new people. I have been lurking for some time, and thought I should introduce myself and start up a build thread. Lot's of great people here and gorgeous cars!

Ayr
'73 RA21 highly modified restoration project
'80 RA42 parked with an uncertain future :(
will

Re: Hello from Alberta

Post by will »

welcome Ayr. my stable has grown again.. :screwy:
72-RA21, 77-RA29, 83-RA65C, 88-AllTrac, 80-RN60-4x4, RA42-race car, 04 F150 STX tow rig.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither"..
"Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing it's Idiot"
racerhead73

Post by racerhead73 »

Hi Will,

I was wondering if that was you, I was pretty sure it was but I looked at that list of vehicles and it looked pretty insane. The last time I saw you, you were driving your '72 and I think that was about it, of course, that was a few years ago. I need to get down there some time for a visit but "almost married" life has cut my random wanderings down :( Once the '73 is done I will be going on lots of cruises so I will get down there sometime. This fall (hopefully) I will be coming out to pick up my engine from Tim, but we will probably meet up in BC for that.

So you are racing a mini-stock now? My SO and myself were going to build one but with the local track set to close it isn't going to happen, unless a new track gets built but the city is bent on that not happening either. I frikkin hate this city sometimes! The closest paved road course is about 4.5 hours North of here, but there will be autoX events held closer to go to next year. I still have my fingers crossed that we can fight hard enough to keep the track longer, or get a new one built in the future.

Anyway enough of my whining on that, I hope life is treating you well :)

Ayr
will

Post by will »

everytime you visit tim, on your way back or down, you pass right by me. I'm literally 60secs off the freeway in Everett. 41st ST.. lol
yeah the stable has grown a bit in 5 years.. now that the weather finally broke its project time.. :ohyeah:
72-RA21, 77-RA29, 83-RA65C, 88-AllTrac, 80-RN60-4x4, RA42-race car, 04 F150 STX tow rig.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither"..
"Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing it's Idiot"
racerhead73

Post by racerhead73 »

I'll be sure to drop by, thanks for the invite! I don't know when I/we will be down in the US, when I go to pick up the engine I will see if anyone else wants to come up to BC at that time. My other half is looking for a first gen 4Runner so that's about how large our Toyota collection will get. Well, for now. :oops: We have a couple of domestics too, the more interesting one is his '75 Dodge Power Wagon 1ton dually flatbed 4X4 that we will be working on once my car is done. He needs a welding rig and it will get used as a tow rig if I end up going waaaaay up North to race at Stratotech Park.

It's funny, as soon as Spring started getting closer it became more of a push to get the car done here too. Spring fever, although it is supposed to snow Wednesday, ouch! I really miss the West coast.

Ayr