Wish we had this in the 80's.......

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Ripn929

Wish we had this in the 80's.......

Post by Ripn929 »

So hello. My name is Chris, I'm 38, Married with two kids.
I live near the coast in Nor Cal.
I own and operate a back hoe and bulldozer for my money.

I've been a Celica nut since I was 15, I grew up in the Citrus Heights zone when it was the epitome of cruising, 1986, Car Craft best cruise in america. Those were the days!
I've owned 6 or 7 Celicas, Some with 8/18-rc's, a few with 18-rg's, even an All Trac turbo.
I tend prefer 71/72 model years. all though until now I've never seen a lift-back with "smilee bumpers", and I have to say I like it.
I don't have a Celica as I type, but I am on the hunt. I've got Cary looking (1JZA21).I'm pretty sure I've scored a car though him before ; ).
In fact if I have to give credit where it's due, My friends and I learned most of what we know about slammin a Celica and making it haul @$$, we learned from Cary. (there I said it!)
I'm looking for a straight car I can mod for auto cross/track days, Some street, show n shine etc. RG in it is a plus.

I Kinda don't own a car any more, they're all trucks....
99 Dodge Ram 2500, Cummins Turbo, Dyno tested 380 HP, 785 Ft/Lbs torque. Built tranny, Full of billet and unobtanium. Looks stock with grippy tires, Just the way I like it. Pretty fast for 8000 lb 4x4.
'05 Grand Cherokee, 5.7 hemi, It's the family truckster. Not as fast as the Dodge.
'98 Tacoma, 4x4, 4 banger, stock with mud tires, I have this for beating on the dirt roads/ good milage.
87 Samurai, Crawler project, It runs great and drives now, but the suspension it twacked. Its got a locker in the rear, 8.?-1 transfer mod. 33's, and an ARB bumper. It's a good start, I think.
I'm looking for some Toyota axle's for it.

That's All I can think to say, There are some really nice looking 1st gen cars on here, Can't wait to find my new baby. Thanks.
Chris.
Last edited by Ripn929 on July 2nd, 2009, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I couldn't find a straight bumper in '86, and you want one now?
slowmo

Re: Wish we had this in the 80's.......

Post by slowmo »

Welcome aboard! Good luck on the search. You are in the right part of the country to find one :lol:
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
Ripn929

Post by Ripn929 »

My confidence level is high. Thanks.
Chris.
I couldn't find a straight bumper in '86, and you want one now?
toyboyracer
Location: BRISBANE Orstrayla-Where Celicas roam FREE in my back yard!

Post by toyboyracer »

Good luck on the hunt and when you find one - I've got parts - heh heh :wave:
Was 18 once - A long time ago... In a '66 Holden far far away...
B.C.S - Brisbane Celica Spares

GORDON @ celica-spares@hotmail.com