hey new from va!

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
jdmtuner1629

hey new from va!

Post by jdmtuner1629 »

hey my names shawn and im looking at buying this car here soon http://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/1290771612.html so tell me what you guys think.. right now im currently deployed to afghanistan but ive always wanted one of the cars so i figured i would go ahead and start this project
slowmo

Re: hey new from va!

Post by slowmo »

I personally think it is an ok deal. The engine and drivetrain is relatively easy to source, but a good body is hard to come by in your area. If you can do the mechanical work, it is a decent deal. If not, you may want to wait for something a little more complete and running, but that will obviously cost you a little more. Good luck either way!
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
7-seven_four-4

Post by 7-seven_four-4 »

You can buy something a little better with that tax free money. I just got back from there last year. RC East/RC south area. Stay safe out there.
jdmtuner1629

Post by jdmtuner1629 »

well the guy says he has the engine and everything its just not in the car so thats to easy... and yea i have quite a bit mechanical ability lol.. so i think it will be a good project for me and my friends... cant wait to start working on it..
jdmtuner1629

Post by jdmtuner1629 »

lol 7,4 yea but i have a wife and kid so a little of my money goes to them and also a little goes to my evo lol .. but yea im in north east afghanistan in the pech river valley
74 18RG

Post by 74 18RG »

:2thumbs: congrats , and WELCOME ABOARD here Tooo,

Thanks for your service over their tooo.....

ps.... look under all the carpets and up under anyware water can hide.....

18RG it, throw a supra 5 speed in it

a 1979/80 supra rear end

and drive the heck out of it..... :woot:
1)"GRANDMA "Always said "If you have nothing nice to say, Bite your lip-untill you do" oh and ! Old School RA21:From Stock to 7/8 scale 69 Z-28 Road racer,maybe?..
Blaze86Vic

Post by Blaze86Vic »

AWESOME!! A fellow VA member! Where's about you live in VA?

Welcome to the board!
jdmtuner1629

Post by jdmtuner1629 »

thanks.... what supra engine would you be talking about?? like a 5mge? or 7mge? because i do have a 1983 celica/supra right now with a 5mge.. aslo i live in beford va near roanoke