high, i'm new...and looking for my first (1st gen)

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
deltron zero

high, i'm new...and looking for my first (1st gen)

Post by deltron zero »

hi everyone,

i live in the los angeles area and drive a 96 v6 camry. i currently don't own a celica, but i used to own a baby blue 81 coupe gt that i sadly had to get rid of a few years ago.

anyways, i was on classic-celica.com a while back (must have been about 6 years ago) and i see some familiar names here but i doubt anyone remembers me since i didn't post much (and when i did it was the old "what engine setup/swap is best" type of questions that are still fun to read every now and then).

now i'm back and am considering a first 1st gen celica (along with a mk2 supra and lexus sc300/400) as a daily driver. i've been looking for one that's smog exempt (seen a couple ok 74's on craigslist), just because...or maybe a 76-77 that's already got a good setup. maybe i can get that 20r/22r hybrid i've always wanted in my old 2nd gen, hehe.
although...my real dream is to stick a 1uz in a 1st or 2nd gen celica or supra. one day..

if anyone has any leads for a reasonably priced 1st gen that requires little to no work to use as a daily driver located in the LA area, please let me know.

see you guys around
slowmo

Re: high, i'm new...and looking for my first (1st gen)

Post by slowmo »

I remember you from back in the days. I didn't post a lot either, but I check both boards daily. Welcome aboard. :wave:
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
74 18RG

Post by 74 18RG »

Welcome aboard. :ohyeah:

Whats your BUDGET for a running and dialed in Daily ,Driver 1st Gen. ?

?????
1)"GRANDMA "Always said "If you have nothing nice to say, Bite your lip-untill you do" oh and ! Old School RA21:From Stock to 7/8 scale 69 Z-28 Road racer,maybe?..
deltron zero

Post by deltron zero »

thanks guys

i saw a few 73's and 74's on cragislist for 1500-2000 that still needed minor work (some mechanical work and/or body and paint). i'm thinking $2500-$3000 for a fully running one with a straight body isn't too much to ask, right? or maybe a little more if it had a swapped engine that got at least the same mpg as the 20r/22r it would otherwise most likely end up with. it even seems like $3k could be too much, especially these days.

but you guys tell me, i've only just come back to the scene and haven't been watching the prices. has demand risen significantly for our celicas?
74 18RG

Post by 74 18RG »

OH YES,

IMHO

3K FOR STOCK. maybe = still needs tires and paint...

5K, = maybe if their going to jail :lol2:

TO 8 K, FOR FUN 1st Gen. that u want, = IMHO.........
deltron zero wrote:thanks guys

i saw a few 73's and 74's on cragislist for 1500-2000 that still needed minor work (some mechanical work and/or body and paint). i'm thinking $2500-$3000 for a fully running one with a straight body isn't too much to ask, right? or maybe a little more if it had a swapped engine that got at least the same mpg as the 20r/22r it would otherwise most likely end up with. it even seems like $3k could be too much, especially these days.

but you guys tell me, i've only just come back to the scene and haven't been watching the prices. has demand risen significantly for our celicas?
1)"GRANDMA "Always said "If you have nothing nice to say, Bite your lip-untill you do" oh and ! Old School RA21:From Stock to 7/8 scale 69 Z-28 Road racer,maybe?..