Hello! '75 owner.

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
DBM

Hello! '75 owner.

Post by DBM »

Hello fellow Celica owners/fanatics!

This is my first post on the forum. Hopefully not my last!

My name is Dennis and I live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
My current fleet of vehicles are:

1975 Celica. FSP autocross car but does see occasional street use.
1993 MR2 Turbo. ex ASP autocross car and former daily driver. hardly gets used anymore.
2007 CBR1000RR. Daily ride (when it isn't pouring rain).
1985 Cressida Wagon. Former winter car, parts hauler, tow vehicle. Replaced by suburban.
1992 Suburban C1500. Tow/Winter vehicle, parts hauler, tows the celica to out of town events.
1988 Cressida. Gifted to me by my mother. Haven't used it in years. :(
1980 Corolla 2 door sedan. Caged rallyX car. Needs a new 3TC.
1977 Porsche 924. Willed to me by my father. Track car project.

There are a few more cars that don't count (prelude ice racers, festiva autocross car on 20.5x10x13 hoosier slicks) but they don't really count.

Some past vehicles are:

a few MKII supras, a couple of RA40 celicas, a 74 celica (white with black vinyll roof hehe) a few MKI MR2's, some other cressidas, a few corolla GTS's, a few older corollas, etc. I'm obviously a toyota guy. :)

Anyways, here is a picture of my current 75 Celica:

The Celica had 350lb/inch front springs in that picture. I changed them to 450lb/inch to reduce body roll, but there is still too much roll. But more on that another time.
The car currently has a 20R with mikuni PHH side draught carbs, header, ground control weld-on coilover kit for the front with shortened strut housings with AGX struts (I wish they were koni's), AGX camaro rear shocks, T3 camber plates, T3 NRCA's (which need to be removed) home built strut tower brace, bride racing seat, 13x8 rota RB's with 225/50/13 Hoosier A6's for autocross, 15x8 XXR 002's for street/towing, and a TRD LSD which needs to be installed. Not much else to say about it!

I'll definitely be asking questions in regards to rear springs, sway bars, bushings, interesting engine swaps (I wish the 1UZ came with a manual tranny...$1000 custom bellhousing is out of the budget), etc.

I look forward to spending time on this forum!
WIQDTOY

Re: Hello! '75 owner.

Post by WIQDTOY »

75 with the smiley bumpers! cool!

welcome to the site.
Ray
"who wants to own a car you can't drive 12 feet away from a trailer! those cars belong in a museum!" -anonymous
Blaze86Vic

Post by Blaze86Vic »

Celica looks awesome! Welcome to the board.

You can buy and upgraded front anti-sway bar from Summit Racing, hopefully you are running poly end-link and sway bar bushings (those will greatly reduce roll). With that wide of a Hoosier I'm not surprised that you needed to bump up to reduce body roll. But try those other little things if you haven't and see what that does for you. If you don't have a rear sway bar you could add one, but it will greatly increase oversteer in the car, and without a good LSD will lead to a lot of one wheel peels.
white_cross

Post by white_cross »

Cool car. I am from Manitoba and autocross with the Winnipeg Sports Car Club. I absolutely love it. I have a Mach 1 Mustang that I use for autocross currently. I still don't own a Celica yet but have one that I am working on buying. Been looking for one for quite a few years locally with no luck now one finally turned up. It will definitely see some autocross when It is drivable. It would be cool to see your Celica out at one of our events some day just so I can see it in action! and maybe get a ride along :D
exodus

Post by exodus »

WELCOME DENNIS!!

thanks for choosing to be here with us!!

Im glad you're having a long of fun in the celica!!!
Foxy:My 1973 Celica-Powered By ITB'd F20c - SOLD 8/13 :(
BUILD THREAD: http://1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1221
Flyby Video's of Foxy: http://youtu.be/VSXNinaak8o