Hello from Washington

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
bobmilkman

Hello from Washington

Post by bobmilkman »

Hi,

I got a 76 Liftback about 2 months ago. 3 weeks after I got it, a lady made a left turn a few feet in front of me, totaling the car :( Anyways, I am now looking around for another suitable car, cause this one is pretty much irreparable due to to the frame bent and suspension damage. I live in Bothell, WA near Seattle.

here is a link to pics of the car
before the crash: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... =571487303
after the crash: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... =571487303

77 Liftback - 7M-GTE, etc... slowly coming together | Project Photos
speedfreak426

Post by speedfreak426 »

Sorry for your loss! do you have any plans once you find another car?
1977 Celica GT LB
-7M-GTE from 1992 Supra
-R154 5 speed
-235-60-15 DR's
-8 3/4" Dodge Dart axle-3.55
11.20 @ 122mph
JDM_GUY

Post by JDM_GUY »

Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear your loss too. But don't worry, a few good folks that I know lives in washington that could help you look for another celica love.... or, you could find many in oregon.
zulu

Post by zulu »

sry for the los of ur LB man. i hate it when ppl are driving with there cell phones not paying attention. stupid ppl. this is what happens when u arent paying attention when u drive.
Image Image
YellowHawtness

Post by YellowHawtness »

Damn, what a shame. The was a perfect car.
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Very sorry to hear about and then see your loss. Looked like a nice clean car. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Figures it was a Beemer, talkin on a cellphone, and probably tryin to drink some Tall Double Cap No Fat Mocha or some %$#@!. :twisted:

My buddy from work was turnin left at a 4way, and was there well before a woman in a silver BMW also on the phone, she hardly even taxi stopped and nearly took him out on his sportbike. Saw the whole thing! She was even upset because here mocha spilled all over the floor when she slammed on the brakes. :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

Sorry to RANT, but things like this just frustrate me. (And that is just one example I personally know of like yours).

Take care and hope you can find another.

Pete

PS: Let everyone know which wrecker it goes to so they can same some of it.
bobmilkman

Post by bobmilkman »

75CelicaGT wrote: PS: Let everyone know which wrecker it goes to so they can same some of it.
I am actually probably going to get swett77's 77 up for sale and swap my 5 speed into it (it is auto right now). It is useful as a parts car, and I don't want to get out of Ceilcas. My long term plans, as this will work for my senior project, are to put a tt 1jz or 2jz from the supra into it. But that is awhile off still (I am a junior now)
Ian2TG

Post by Ian2TG »

what a shame, that looked like a nice clean LB, but good to see your still sticking with celicas!

seems that beemer drivers are the same the world over... and dont get me started on ppl driving with phones!

welcome to the site!
Thanos

Post by Thanos »

Feel sorry about your loss.About the damage your car has.from the photos its seems very serious.and the BMW not so much.are our car that weak when hitting other cars?cause i thought otherwise.
77celicasupra

Post by 77celicasupra »

bobmilkman wrote:
75CelicaGT wrote: PS: Let everyone know which wrecker it goes to so they can same some of it.
I am actually probably going to get swett77's 77 up for sale and swap my 5 speed into it (it is auto right now). It is useful as a parts car, and I don't want to get out of Ceilcas. My long term plans, as this will work for my senior project, are to put a tt 1jz or 2jz from the supra into it. But that is awhile off still (I am a junior now)
What a shame, that looked like a real clean celica LB . The 2jzgte swap is a lot of work hope you do it
bobmilkman

Post by bobmilkman »

77celicasupra wrote: What a shame, that looked like a real clean celica LB . The 2jzgte swap is a lot of work hope you do it
Well I am not made of money, and want to keep the costs of the swap down, so the 1jz is more economical to get JDM. BTW, do you know if a w58 transmission would work, or if it is weaker than a r154, or what I should use if I don't want to spend $$$ on the getrag. I saw all your pictures/videos at supraforums, and the car looks amazing.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

R154 > W58 in terms of strength.

Welcome!
click me!
speedfreak426

Post by speedfreak426 »

I have 7mgte + R154 for the LB but hasnt been installed yet... I think I may have some clearence issues with the r154
1977 Celica GT LB
-7M-GTE from 1992 Supra
-R154 5 speed
-235-60-15 DR's
-8 3/4" Dodge Dart axle-3.55
11.20 @ 122mph
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Well I know even the mk2 Supra doesn't like R154 swap that much. Watched my BF hammer on the tranny tunnel until it fit, heh
click me!
bobmilkman

Post by bobmilkman »

Ok, I finally picked up Marc's (swett77) extra 77 LB. It has a terrible auto tranny right now, and I will be spending my spring break putting my 5 speed from the white car in. This car is going to be a load of work compared to the other one, but it will be worth it.

I drove it home, and noticed a distinct lack of power - it maxed out at about 30mph. I looked under the hood and found that the gas pedal does not open the throttle all the way, the #4 spark plug was pulled out, the tranny downshift linkage is disconnected, and the top butterfly valve 2nd barrel of the carb is stuck open. I think I will be putting the carb off my old engine in this :D

Pics of the blue car: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... =571487303