Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
syy802

Post by syy802 »

Hello fellow 1st gen Toyota lovers.My first car was a June of '71 Celica ST.I bought this car as a shell and married it with a '74 GT 18 RC 5 speed .I wish I still had this car :banghead: Since then I have had a '73 a '78 liftback(very rusty but great heat in the winter) an 85 GTS an 86 GTS and two 89 GTS's one liftback ane one coupe.At present in the garage is a 1969 Chevelle SS-work in progress and a 1971 Triumph GT6 vintage race car.Once the Chevelle is done I will be on the hunt for a 1972 Celica to relive my youth.This is why I have joined this site.
slowmo

Re: New Member

Post by slowmo »

Good luck! Welcome aboard!
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
andrew.lori

Post by andrew.lori »

I like the User Name !! :cheers:
Michael Murphy Sr.

Post by Michael Murphy Sr. »

welcome, you had a good one in the beginning, you,ll find another if you look long enough, I also own a 71, built in May of 71, purchased in August of that year, shes still rolling along.. I also eventually changed the motor to an 18rc, couldn't bore out the ol 8rc any more, a few years latter I also installed a 5 speed. My wife says shes going to bury me in the car when my times up, may be the cheapest coffin I can get :doh:

enjoy the site, lots of good people and great ideas :cheers:
71 Celica
Looked great on the showroom floor in 71, still has that wow factor to me....
46 years latter, still every day driver when theres no salt on the roads......
450,000 miles and counting