newbi longtime celica lover w/ 2 projects 1fs

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
celicafun

newbi longtime celica lover w/ 2 projects 1fs

Post by celicafun »

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Merrick and I live in Portland Or. My first car in hi-school was a 76 coupe and I have loved the cars ever since. I just recently bought two 77 celicas, one lb one coupe. My idea is to use a few parts off the lb to restore the coupe. My apologies to all you lb lovers, I prefer coupes. The coupe is complete with a pretty good body, interior that needs work, and the most complete/clean og unrestored motor i have seen(even factory ac). The few dings are easily fixable with no need for bondo with the exception of the driver's side front fender, which is why I bought the lb. The lb is a complete car(at this point) minus the few parts I plan on using for the coupe. It is strait with no dents or rust that I can see, but a good washing will tell me more. I kind of hate to pull parts off the lb for the coupe, but I doubt I will easily find what i need for a good cost with little effort. I do plan on selling the lb after I pull what I need(unless I can find another way of getting what I need). The right offer on the lb might persuade me to sell her complete. The interior parts I need for the coupe are black carpet, dashpad, white seats, headliner,visors. The Exterior parts I need are driver side front fender W/ signal, hood mount and trunk lock. Happy to see a site dedicated to early celica lovers :woot: hope to hear from all interested parties. thanks merrick :wave: sorry no pics I will try to get some up soon.
slowmo

Re: newbi longtime celica lover w/ 2 projects 1fs

Post by slowmo »

Welcome aboard! Good luck with the project. It sounds like you have a really good start already. Pics would be awesome! :wave:
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
Rgraham155

Post by Rgraham155 »

Welcome. I just live up the road from you in Olympia. I was wondering how many old school celica guys were in the NW. Is there anything for sale down there? I look all the time but no luck. I figured the slow economy and with the holiday season something would show up. And I agree, some pictures would be awsome.
A wise man once said "you only need what's around you" well, when I looked around I saw a pimp with a shiny pair of shoes and a 49 Mercury!
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Welcome Merrick,

Another Pac NW guy here on the edge of WASH state here in BC Canada.

Who knows maybe with pics you might entice someone with the parts to swap you for the LB? Anyone?

:cheers:
Pete