Just Signed Up!!! Happy as hell to be here...

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Kuneff

Just Signed Up!!! Happy as hell to be here...

Post by Kuneff »

Hey everyone... I got a great story... Growing up my neighbor lady was dating a guy with an original Celica GT. This was back when I was about 8-10 years old. I used to think that car was the coolest car in the world... Somehow along the line I had forgotten about my long lost love for the Original Celica's. Well, it fit me like a ton of bricks last week... When I saw a 1974 was going to be auctioned off this past Saturday, I about fell out of my chair... Its probably been 20 years since I have even seen a first Gen Celica.. I was on it... I talked to several people that knew this Celica and the history/story behind it all...

I am now the Proud New owner of GREAT 1974 Celica GT 5 Speed with 2,950 original miles....

These are the only pics I have of it right now. Its been sitting in this garage for years... Has not been legal on the road in 15 years.

I have some plans for the car. And I am needing help finding a direction with were to find parts. I hope that you all don't mind helping out a fellow Celica lover.
bluethunder505

Re: Just Signed Up!!! Happy as hell to be here...

Post by bluethunder505 »

Beautiful car! Welcome to the boards, I'm new here as well. Any plans for it, or are you keeping it original?
ChristobalRocks

Post by ChristobalRocks »

Welcome! :)

I tend to doubt the 2,950 original miles claim. It's probably 102,950 miles. But hey, it's a '74 so who cares! biggrin

I also bought a '74 recently and my car will be restored over the course of the next year or so. Looks like yours is in much better condition than mine. You did very well!

Cheers,

---==> Chris

PS> There are people with parts cars here and there. If you need some parts, post a request in the Wanted section. We will help you out!
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

Welcome my friend.. I love ur front license plate. Wanna sell it to me? Hehehe

Ur car look solid and complete. What parts ur looking for? Jst post it on Wanted Section. Keep us posted and more pics.

Rocky
Kuneff

Post by Kuneff »

Plan to keep the car mostly original, not 100% sure yet. I have a deep desire to do a full color change to Speedway Blue (05+ Tacoma color).

As for the milage. I talked to too many car nuts in the area that said without a doubt the milage is original, due to some of them knowing this car from the day it rolled off the local Toyota Dealers lot. A close friend of mine purchased a white one that was sitting right beside this on on the lot new. There is not a bit of wear on anything, steering wheel, seats, pedals, knobs, switches, and so forth. I will be posting pics up asap. Just took more pics today, starting to clean the interior now. Its got YEARS of dust on everything.

As for the license plate... Sorry man... I gotta keep that.. :D

I and wanting to swap wheels for sure, so I can set the original ones to the side. I would like to get a nice front chin spoiler. Not really sure what else.
Kuneff

Post by Kuneff »

Oh yeah.. there is still a paper tag under the hood that says "Break in oil change at 2,823"

I am the 3rd owner.

2nd owner had the car for about 25 years.
Kuneff

Post by Kuneff »

Figured I would go ahead and post some of the pics I took before I started cleaning.

ChristobalRocks

Post by ChristobalRocks »

Wow I'm SO jealous of your trunk! Mine needs serious work. :nonono:
Kuneff

Post by Kuneff »

I got the back seat area cleaned up tonight. I am going to try to get the front interior cleaned up Wednesday and Thursday, then post the clean interior pics. :D

I am loving the idea of just cleaning this car.

I also pulled off the trim moulding off the sides, and door edge guards.
cheela

Post by cheela »

wow! that's so awesome! how much did you pick it up for? looks good, reallll good. biggrin
rustyra24

Post by rustyra24 »

i wish my car looked that good but mine has like 300 k on it
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

:shock: Wow, that is a pretty clean looking car.

Great find :2thumbs: Congrats.

:cheers:
Pete
Kuneff

Post by Kuneff »

cheela wrote:wow! that's so awesome! how much did you pick it up for? looks good, reallll good. biggrin
I was hoping to get it for a steal... However, I didn't. There were quite a few people there really wanting it, but evidently I must had wanted it more than them... I ended up giving $3,400 for it.
zipppo

Post by zipppo »

Welcome!
This one in my view do not alter anything on it. Low milage cars like this are rare as hens teeth.
$3400.00, you got this car cheap!

Preserve it!

My :2cents: worth
hampaslupa

Post by hampaslupa »

zipppo wrote:Welcome!
This one in my view do not alter anything on it. Low milage cars like this are rare as hens teeth.
$3400.00, you got this car cheap!

Preserve it!

My :2cents: worth
+1....

BTW..those side mirrors, OEM?