My new project 75' celica

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
adamyee

My new project 75' celica

Post by adamyee »

Hey guys, I am pretty new to the whole older car thing. I have been around them for a long time but i've never owned one myself. This "underripe banana" as my friends started calling it was given to me by a family member who was its second owner since 1978 or 79'. He personally put about 800k miles on it, and its currently on its second engine which is a 21r. Included with the car was a weber progressive 2 barrel carb that i recently had rebuilt. My celica is almost complete, its just missing 2 of the 4 chrome mouldings for the rear window, and the carpets on the floor in the front and rear(it still has the rest of the carpet, just not on the floor). Anyways, hope to learn some things while I'm here!
ChristobalRocks

Re: My new project 75' celica

Post by ChristobalRocks »

Nice looking 75. Welcome! :)
adamyee

Post by adamyee »

Thanks! just realized that i posted nothing at all aobut myself xD. My names Adam, and I'm born and raised in sunny California! I'm 21 years old and lookin for love! (jk xD) but yeah I'm 21 and still livin at home while attending a community college, so no garage for me yet =(, at least I have a driveway though, so one of my cars can get somewhat nice treatment.
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Cool another 75 owner :wave: Welcome

That is the stock yellow color for 75, and would be what mine would look like, if a previous owner hadn't painted it a 90's Midnight Blue.

:cheers:
Pete
adamyee

Post by adamyee »

Oh it is stock! Cool I was kinda hopin' so =P I think she will stay this color even if I get a repaint someday
mrm76gt

Post by mrm76gt »

Cool thing about the '75 is that it's so much easier to get replacement bumpers to get rid of them ugly truck bumpers. :2thumbs:
The '76 and '77... well.... it's almost impossible to get ahold of a front jdm bumper. :cry2:
'76 Celica GT
'86 K5 Blazer
'03 Harley FXDL
'00 Celica GTS
adamyee

Post by adamyee »

Yeah! with these bumpers all I need are the smileys themselves and the brackets right? and I assume they bolt up where the shock absorbers are mounted right now.
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

adamyee wrote:Yeah! with these bumpers all I need are the smileys themselves and the brackets right? and I assume they bolt up where the shock absorbers are mounted right now.
Correct. You can see all the parts you need, and what you don't in my Gallery. It is the single best upgrade I've done to my car so far. biggrin