New owner of a 76 Celica Liftback GT... Oooops!! It's a '77!

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
miami

New owner of a 76 Celica Liftback GT... Oooops!! It's a '77!

Post by miami »

Hi guys!My name is Jenifer, half American half Filipina, and I've been a member of this site for a few months already and have enjoyed and learned a lot from the build threads. I'm 27 y/o, from the Philippines, living near Clark Air Base, and have acquired a 1976 Fastback GT last January 2010. It's still in the shop though for body works and repainting. The only photo that I have of it as of now is showing it on strip mode, although it's already on its last stage of painting. I hope to get it by the end of the month and assess what parts do I still have to scout for. The body and painting works are being done by my fellow oldschoolers in Manila who sold me the car.

I hope I got the posting directions right. As soon as I get the car home, i'll snap more photos and share them with you. :2thumbs:

Thanks!

Jenifer a.k.a. Miami :cheers:
Last edited by miami on July 1st, 2010, 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
miami

Re: New owner of a 76 Celica Liftback GT

Post by miami »

uh guys I think i'm having trouble posting the pix. here's the link to my photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/51280451@N02/4713169109/

can you help me please? :doh:

Thanks!
madds

Post by madds »

hi there. congratulations jennifer on your new old celica...nice choice.i have a fastback too and im from manila.good luck on your project car :)

frank
miami

Post by miami »

Oh yah Philip mentioned you to me. I met him and had the privilege of driving his Gray Celica when he went here in Clark. :woot:

You're a member at oldschoolpilipinas too right? :D

Jen
madds

Post by madds »

good to hear that.i miss philip, we used to talk over the phone...i learned a lot and important things from him.

osp forumer too :)
cervasa

Post by cervasa »

here you go
koolgtRA29

Post by koolgtRA29 »

Did tito flared out the fender flaresor are those fiberglass fender flares? I can't wait to see it finished. As for now my blue is still at the paint shop and it can stay there till I'm ready to install my engine. It will take more than my summer to finish it but I have plenty of time before my deadline.
PHIL
mrjuhasz

Post by mrjuhasz »

I have a 77, but yours is looking dope. Are you sticking with the black?
miami

Post by miami »

@ madds: yeah he really knows a lot of stuff when it comes to celicas.

@ cervasa: Thanks for fixing the photo. :2thumbs:

@ phil: I think those are stock flares. I can't wait to see your blue celica too. Maybe you can create a thread of your build-up so we can see it. :ohyeah:

@ mrjuhasz: Black's the new color. The original color was yellow with black racing stripes, like that of Bumblebee from transformers. I had it changed to Jet Black with charcoal gray racing stripes. What do you think guys? Did I make the right color choice?

Thanks! :cheers:

Jen
cervasa

Post by cervasa »

np
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

welcome my fellow kababayan and celica addict.. as u already know this is a great site.. ur liftback looking great. whats the plan for the power plant? black with charcoal gray will look interesting but it depends on ur taste. we alwasys says here, its ur money, ur car and u can do what ever u want with it as long that makes u happy :D

btw welcome again and enjoy. dont loose hope and keep ur dream alive.. hehehe

Rocky
WIQDTOY

Post by WIQDTOY »

good to know that females are taking an interest to the old school movement in the Philippines!

do try and keep us posted on your Celica's project.

:wave:
Ray
"who wants to own a car you can't drive 12 feet away from a trailer! those cars belong in a museum!" -anonymous
miami

Post by miami »

Hi Rocky! I think I saw you last February in Clark International Speedway. You drove with Phil from Manila right? :D

Hello Ray! Thanks! It really feels good when you're driving around with a Celica. A real head-turner. :shades:

I really love this forum. I'm learning a lot of technical stuff and I get so inspired with the members' projects. I love the hands-on approach for every project that's being done. Once I get my car home, I'll surely be asking tons of questions from you guys. Oh, it'll come with a 3T engine. Can you please tell me more about that engine and is there a site where I can download a manual for that?

Thanks guys! It feels great to finally be out of the dark. I've been online everyday since I became a member and I didn't know that it feels much better to finally communicate with you guys and share some thoughts. :2thumbs:

Jen :cheers:
WIQDTOY

Post by WIQDTOY »

miami wrote:Hi Rocky! I think I saw you last February in Clark International Speedway. You drove with Phil from Manila right? :D
actaully it was supposed to be me... i was in the Philippines at the time for 2 weeks in Febuary and was supposed to meet up with Philip at Clark for a gathering they had.

but i missed out due to prior engagements.

i plan to return this November and hope to meet some fellow old schoolers this time around!
Ray
"who wants to own a car you can't drive 12 feet away from a trailer! those cars belong in a museum!" -anonymous
miami

Post by miami »

That'll be great! We can round up other celica owners here too and perhaps arrange a road trip. That'll be fun! :woot: