Boonies from Vermont.

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Boonies

Boonies from Vermont.

Post by Boonies »

Introduction time.

Name is Christopher and currently located in the South East corner or Vermont. Since this is January there is plenty of snow on the ground and nothing but time to dream of the next build.

I have been working on air cooled VWs, yep beetles, buses and type 3s for the last 15+ year. Recently i picked up a single owner 1974 Hilux pickup in a trade, so no celica at this point The current motor is an 18R-C motor with 71k, also inherited a "core" 18R-C that i plan on rebuilding with some vintage speed parts to get a little extra kick out of this old girl.

If you are in the North East feel free to drop me an email and stop during the summer for a cup of joe or some good ribs down at the local BBQ.
Raffaelli

Re: Boonies from Vermont.

Post by Raffaelli »

Welcome.

I thought I saw you on Minis... :cheers:
I sent my Celica to hell,

It will be waiting for me...
Boonies

Post by Boonies »

Yep that would be me, minis is a good place but as always I'm trying to expand the knowledge base and there is quite a bit to learn here.

What is your handle over on minis, same as here?

Thanks
**Boonies**
ChristobalRocks

Post by ChristobalRocks »

Hiya Boonies!

I'm Chris from MA. I'm building a 74 ST, but the car isn't local. ETA for my Celica is most likely this summer sometime. I'm not in a hurry. Doing a full restoration. :)

YellowJacket is in NH and Pete is in western MA, so there are a few of us around.

Welcome to the board!
Boonies

Post by Boonies »

Hello Chris

Thank for letting me know that there were a few more north easterners on the forum. Perhaps i will run into some of them next summer... hell that is only 4 months away!

You are north of Boston, by chance one of the many town on route 2? Just went down to Boston yesterday for a quick visit.

Thanks
Christopher C. Purvis
**Boonies**
ChristobalRocks

I'm living in Bedford... renting. But my two 1st gens are in MN.
Boonies

Post by Boonies »

Not too far off the path to Boston, so If I take the Hilux down that way in the summer ill swing by. Are you planning on bringing the 1st generations to Mass or are they destine to stay in Minnesota?

Thanks
Christopher C. Purvis
**Boonies**
ChristobalRocks

I'll be driving the 74 home when she's ready. Will be parting out the 71 rust bucket when I'm through raiding it for parts. I am hoping to move before then though as I'm renting and have no garage. My 74 is NOT going to live outside! :)