intro

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
corollaowner

intro

Post by corollaowner »

Hey guys. I'm new to the classic toyotas although I have admired them for some time. We have a newer corolla that we just love and I thought it would be cool to get out of classic chevy muscle and get into a classic toyota. I do not have a car yet but I am searching. Mainly looking for a 1973-75 corolla sr5 coupe or an early gen cellica coupe. Because this all new to me I'm not savy on which components fit certain years, engine swaps, smog pumps etc. If anybody can point me in the right direction to attain this information such as publication or what have you. I would appreciate it. Also if anyone has a car they are wanting to get rid of or know of one please let me know. I'm not looking for a big project simply because I don't have the time. But something that runs and drives that I can tinker with and work on a little at a time is ideal.

Thanks!
BrianGT

Re: intro

Post by BrianGT »

Hello from over the Pond!

I'm sure you will have great fun in running a classic Toyota.....the Corolla SR5 is a great start. You can do lot's to get more power and improve the handling........have a read round the forum ........it will give you an idea of what car might be best for you as far as parts/mods etc.
corollaowner

Re: intro

Post by corollaowner »

Sounds good. Thanks!