1st gen celica n00b

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
retrocelica

1st gen celica n00b

Post by retrocelica »

I've loved 1st generation celicas since I can remember but have never owned one. about a year ago I found a one owner 76 Celica GT for $100 and of course I jumped on it. At the time my 94 Celica was getting the treatment and now it's time for this one to get the love it needs. The problem: I don't know a darn thing about them. I have always loved them but they seemed so far away. I live in NC and you rarely see a old school Japanese car. Being a puertorican that is very awkward but I have actually a very good Toyota mechanic just a few miles from me.

He's got the parts and all but I just don't know how to go by fixing it up. I hope this site helps. I have restored some old chevy's before but this is really where my passion is. Right now I just want to fall in love with it. I'm going to go thru a "1st" stage with it where it runs good and looks decent. Afterwards I want to give it the full resto job. Wish me luck.

I also plan to go to the toyotafest in Cali this year. :ohyeah:
Oh, oh, oh, oh, what a feeling....Toyota!
75CelicaGT

Re: 1st gen celica n00b

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Welcome :wave:

Got any pics?

GL on your project!

:cheers:
Pete
retrocelica

Post by retrocelica »

No pictures right now. I need to at least clean it up. Some of the rides here are just amazing. I really want a "daily" driver with some pizazz to it. I would like to push at least 200hp out of it but like I said I know nothing. I really should be ashamed of myself being boricua and all. :D I also want a new look to it yet I want it to keep the old JDM muscle look. Frustrating really.

I have a 20r. Is that something that can push 200 with some quick adjustments or will I just waste my time? Like I said, I don't know where to start but I definitely want to start in the right direction.
7-seven_four-4

Post by 7-seven_four-4 »

Where in NC?
retrocelica

Post by retrocelica »

Burlington. That's between Greensboro and Durham. One thing I do want is to get rid of the US bumpers. Where can I get those JDM bumpers everyone has!!!
ChristobalRocks

Post by ChristobalRocks »

Look in the vendors forum for Foxau2. He makes fiberglass ones.
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Hi,

I don't think you can get 200hp from a 20R, but I'm no expert.

Blaze has a 20R/22R Hybrid that puts out some great HP, here is the link to his project!

forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=299

:cheers:
Pete
retrocelica

Post by retrocelica »

Thanks for the link. Very inspiring. Is there a post where all the registered users have posted their ride? If not, Can we start one. I'm hoping to post mine soon.
c76

Post by c76 »

welkome here`s
A link to the mebers rides:
forum/viewforum.php?f=4
There is only "ONE" purpose here - TO AWAKEN. To Be AWARE! NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. FEAR is FORCE. KNOWLEDGE is POWER. BUT... WISDOM IS INFINITE