New Guy in the midwest

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Tvphotog

New Guy in the midwest

Post by Tvphotog »

New to you, but not new to the celica game. My first car was a 1977 black on black Celica GT LB. Always regret selling her. Finally replaced her last week with this. I paid 500$ for her.
It is a one owner car. He, the owner works as a Toyota mechanic and has been responsible for her upkeep thus far. She has a few bumps and bruises, but is solid. He was nice enough to pull and store the fuel tank before storing her. The original paper dealer tag comes with the car as well surprised He did sell me some extra parts for the 500$ I was pretty happy with the parts that he sold me...

Not too bad? :lol: The parts car should provide everything needed to get the white car on the road. Things like the driver's side tail lamps are busted on the white car, but good on the brown and vice versa. I do have two sets of rear window louvers now. My original had none. The dash pads are as expected, but the brown one is not too bad. The rest of the interior on the brown one is in great shape.

I take possession of the vehicles this weekend and I will get a chance to go over them much closer and see exactly what I have gotten myself into :roll: When that happens, I will start a project thread.

Ken
TenBeers

Re: New Guy in the midwest

Post by TenBeers »

Wow, Ken, nice grab.

I'm relatively new here also, but not new to Toyotas. I picked up a '77 a couple months ago and joined this forum, lots of helpful people here. I haven't been lucky enough to find a parts car, but I have made a few connections and got the few body parts I really needed.

Looks like you have a good project on your hands, wanna race? I'll be starting a restoration thread soon, my rebuilt motor should go in this weekend and give me enough photo ops to be worth viewing.

Welcome!
'18 Tacoma TRD Pro (my DD)
'17 4Runner Limited (wife's DD)
'06 4Runner SR5 (daughter #1 DD)
'15 Corolla S (daughter #2 maybe someday she will learn to drive)
'77 Celica GT Liftback (STILL under restruction)
JDM_GUY

Post by JDM_GUY »

welcome to 1stgencelica.com :D . many here in this forum will help you out with anything about your celica geting on the road.
JDM_GUY DRU Building to prove a purpose for those who ridiculed.
slowmo

Post by slowmo »

Looks like combined you will have one really nice celica. I know from experience how hard these things are to come by in the midwest. If we ever get enough people together, it would be awesome to organize a meet (probably next summer or spring) in a relatively neutral location.
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
Tvphotog

Post by Tvphotog »

That would be fun, I nominate OKC... only cause I live here :mrgreen: I have already learned a lot in the last couple of days from some of the threads here and I hope to learn more.
slowmo

Post by slowmo »

Once I get my celica up to par (at least mechanically) I might be up for the drive. Like I said though, it would probably be like next spring or summer.
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
AZCelica

Post by AZCelica »

Hi Ken, welcome aboard!!

Like you I reget trading in my 77 LB some 21 years ago. :( But as I had nowhere to store it being in the Navy at the time, I needed a more reliable vehicle.

I added some pics of the old girl to my intro post, check them out. wink

Be safe out there,
Gil
MnToyGuy

Post by MnToyGuy »

Welcome! Where in the midwest are you?
Tvphotog

Post by Tvphotog »

The bustling metropolis of Oklahoma City, twister central.
MnToyGuy

Post by MnToyGuy »

The other end of the midwest, lol

You should put that in your profile. There are a lot of guys realtively near you with Celicas. You'd be surprised at how many local ppl PM you when you have a locations there. It's always good to have local connections!

Love to see the work coming along on your car/s. A LB is my next project!