re-Start of the Plan

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
KidnDoc

re-Start of the Plan

Post by KidnDoc »

Hello All,

sorry for the novel but have to start somewhere....

Ok here goes the ride. Have been on the site for a bit as i had picked up a ra29 at the start of the year. so, the story goes, boy likes celica, boy looks for celica, boy finds celica , boy buys celica....then boy remembers there was a reason he got is so cheap off craigslist and cost of ship from Norcal to Socal was about price of car. Needles to say boy loves celica but does not luv the swiss cheese in the back lift back area(in some odd areas mind you including a puntured fuel tank..) and not mention the 'kiss' on the left rear quarter was a bit much more then expected.

undeterred, boy keeps on the look out and now has a reboot. I attached this photo, hope to have more to follow. this one is leagues better. body intact, only rust is some wheel well and edge of Lift, all electrical works (heck clock still runs ...not keeping great time though). i drove it from above Bakersfield to Pasadena area without a hitch.

so here is the plan, me and the the 13 y.o. son have this one as a restore project over the next 3 years. then he has his car for highschool. this plan was hatched cause my favorite class in highschool was autoshop and am bummed they really dont offer it in this neck of the woods...

and silver lining.....have a donor car in the driveway...a little less scrounging

Luvn737s

Re: re-Start of the Plan

Post by Luvn737s »

After spending a month working on getting my 77 LB running and driveable, I reward my 7-year old son with a zip around the neighborhood for helping me bleed the brakes. With no airbag, he gets to finally sit in the front seat of something and is thrilled! As we're cruising along he says, "You know all those shows you watch about the guys with their classic cars? Now you're one of them!" :2thumbs:
KidnDoc

Post by KidnDoc »

i hear ya...my son was lovin the shag ( to him anyway) carpet ..and then started wonder why we dont see more old toyo's and datsun's when i am watchin barrett-jackson....i keep telling him, better they dont show up their , cause that only send prices up....

also, i dont think the image came thru, will try again...

[urlhttp://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee455/KidnDoc/Celica77/celicaangle.jpg][/url]
ChristobalRocks

Post by ChristobalRocks »

Welcome to the board. :)

Here you go.

Quote this note to see how you can post your pictures.