New lurker here.

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
StealthWyvern

New lurker here.

Post by StealthWyvern »

hello,

First of all I have to say I'm a HUGE fan of the 1st gen celica's. Ill eventually get one some time down the road. However my issue right now is fidnign somethign I can aford or just building up another some what rare car that I already have. Which literally will have everythign replaced except the motor here before to long.

What i'm curious to know is... How small really are these cars and if someone is around the jacksonville, fl area has one that I can look at? Obviously just to see one in person and get a better feel of the size and all. I've looked at a few on craigs like halfway across the country but not 100% sure how small they are on the inside.
modernrockbro

Re: New lurker here.

Post by modernrockbro »

PM Chasen88, he's in Florida, so is 7t5-27. they both have 1stgens. There's a members search button up top.

Welcome aboard :cheers: Good luck on finding some wheels.
Not everyone believes in "community". Some consistently hate & are negative. Some are self-preserving egomaniacs. The elitist clique ignores anyone outside their bubble. Lastly, innocent spectators, & then those who believe in community.
StealthWyvern

Post by StealthWyvern »

Thanks and good idea. I did fire off a few pms and hopefully the one that was reqeusting shipping to here in jacksonville is still active! On average what is the price range for these little cars in good DD runnign condition? Lets say from ?k-?k form...
modernrockbro

Post by modernrockbro »

On the East coast I would say $2500-$5000, would be a good range for a decent daily driver, depending on how nice of a DD you want. The $6000-$8000 are usually really nice cars that someone has probably sank $12,000 or more into. If you're willing to have a car shipped, there are tons of cars in California, & Arizona, usually rust free. Keep checking craigslist, Ebay, and the classifieds on here.
Not everyone believes in "community". Some consistently hate & are negative. Some are self-preserving egomaniacs. The elitist clique ignores anyone outside their bubble. Lastly, innocent spectators, & then those who believe in community.
StealthWyvern

Post by StealthWyvern »

I've found a good few in texas but the last thing I want to do is sink a bunch of money into a car that ive never seen and come to find out its 40 times smaller then I had originally thought. I know they are small cars but I want to get a better feel of them in person.

How hard is it to get replacement body panels for these things? I see the rear flat lights are like gold on this car.. lol I'm also debating on sellign my truck for one of these cars...

Both of my cars arn't your normal run of the mill cars well the truck is sort of. I currently rolll around in a 1994 ford f150 xlt mark3 conversion and a 2003.5 mazdaspeed protege( 1 of only 600 in yellow). Pics below if anyone is interested.

modernrockbro

Post by modernrockbro »

Well hopefully you'll get the size thing straightened out with the Florida forum members, so you'll know if the 1stgen is for you. groupB has body panels. You can also look in the vendor section for body panels when cars are being parted or just post WTB for whatever part it is you need. You'll get a response. Flat lights can be had for $300-$500 easily if you keep on your toes with internet searches. I personally wouldn't pay over $400 for a set unless they were in pristine condition, because I've seen 4 sets sell this year for around $300. The forum, Google & Ebay is your friend. Most times.

:P
StealthWyvern

Post by StealthWyvern »

hm... good to knwo about the groupb thing! Do you happen to have a website for them? I'm not having much luck with a google search on my end. Could be good ol user error on my part. lol
808celica2damax

Post by 808celica2damax »

StealthWyvern wrote:hm... good to knwo about the groupb thing! Do you happen to have a website for them? I'm not having much luck with a google search on my end. Could be good ol user error on my part. lol
"groupb" is a member on here. Send him a PM.
No get caught up in the Huhu, Live Aloha.
StealthWyvern

Post by StealthWyvern »

808celica2damax wrote:
StealthWyvern wrote:hm... good to knwo about the groupb thing! Do you happen to have a website for them? I'm not having much luck with a google search on my end. Could be good ol user error on my part. lol
"groupb" is a member on here. Send him a PM.
Thanks, I shot him a message just to see what he has up for offer. Just so I know what im getting into incase I need to get replacement panels and all. I know I can always put a WTB thread up and cruise the fs thread if needed.